Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Sacred Heart Of Mary Sisters

Dear Sisters

You made all my schooldays a time to remember with pride & pleasure. Pride that I was educated by such accomplished teachers. Pleasure that by your guidance & example, I was introduced to a world of learning, by books, music & drama that otherwise would have been missing in my life. No television serial could compare with the anticipation we felt as every Friday afternoon drew near. That is when you read us a chapter of a classic tale around 3.00p.m. before we went home for the w/end, usually carying books from the well stocked library. Then the plays every year in the Convent Hall at Easter & Christmas, the rehearsals, the costume making - fairy skirts, fairy wings, exotic silk & satin stage clothes for "The Chocolate Soldier" etc. What a world of magic you wove for children.

I could write a book about my happy childhood, in which my schooldays played a large part.

Suffice to say your little book "My Leader in Life" which you gave to me on leaving for the Tech. is still a cherished possession. We remained friends in adulthood & our own children were taught equally well by you all. You were always there for us,listening, advising, consoling, helping.

I am eternally grateful to the nuns for their example & the dedicated teaching they gave freely, which benefits me in all walks of life.

This is my experience of the Convent School where I spent such happy days & made lifelong friends amongst teachers & pupils.

Pat