Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1st December

Hi all, tomorrow's the 1st December. Can hardly believe it. The weather here is so mild, my poppies are still budding and blooming, fuschia are still blooming. Tomatoes are all gone, thankfully.

The traffic and shops are mad. I was in M&S yesterday, only buying a present for a new baby. Didn't look at anything else. Came out and sat down in the foyer, waiting for daughter. Looked around, people were swarming everywhere, loaded up with parcels, rushing around. I just thought to myself "What is all this rushing for"? Maybe I'm getting old, but I haven't the energy to run around any more.

Hubby and I will have to do Christmas shopping too. However, hopefully we'll get everyone's presents in M & S or Next. We did our frozen grocery shopping about 2 weeks ago so that's a weight off.

Noticed people have their decorations and Christmas trees up already. I'm not putting up as much this year. Usually I do up the living room, hall, kitchen and bedrooms (well, just a bit in the bedrooms). However, I've decided, now that the living room is nicely decorated, that I'll just put up the tree there. Another smaller tree in the hall and an even smaller one in the kitchen. No bits and bobs here and there - can't be bothered.

Looking forward to my youngest daughter and hubby coming over on 21st December, not looking forward to Christmas Day - the cooking part I mean. As I said before, Christmas is for children, once "Santa" disappears, it's not the same.

Feeling sorry for myself or what?????????