Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Walkin' in the Rain (again)

Talk about a wet Sunday. Awoke this morning to torrential rain. Started the breakfast and at the same time put the Sunday roast on with potatoes au gratin. Had the peas steeped since last night. Talk about multi-tasking.

The dogs have to be walked, whatever the weather. I encouraged them to go out into the garden but after having a peep they both cowered back into the kitchen.

Nothing for it but to don my "waterproof" jacket, old trousers and flat leather shoes. When they saw their coats coming out they slunk down, knowing what was coming. They hate rain. However, got their coats on, leads on and dragged them out reluctantly. The road was like a small river and cars had me soaked driving past but I didn't care. As I said before, there's something wrong with me as I like walking in the rain. Before long the dogs and I were soaked and I could feel that my coat was not waterproof at all.

Walked round to my daughter's house to see the family before the "off" on holidays. I wanted to go in through the garage as I knew there'd be a mess but they couldn't find the key so brought old towels to the door for the dogs. They shook themselves all over the hall several times but the family were in good form with the holiday before them so didn't seem to mind.

My daughter disrobed me completely, my very skin was wet, and brought down some of Rachel's clothes to change into. They fitted me nicely. Then, after a cup of tea, she ran me back home.

They're on their way, Rachel is here, delighted, and I thought I would have a wee chat before I get too busy.

Listened to Radio 3 this morning and was moved by a rendering of "Land of our Fathers" by the Welsh Male Voice Choir. It was truly something to listen to - spiritual is the word.

Away now to prepare dinner and then a good sit down.

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee