Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lest We Forget

I could not find the name of Patsy Corrigan on the list of the dead - War Memorial - but note that the name is remembered on the Plymouth Memorial.
Is this the Lisburn/Hilden sailor, who died in the early period of the war?

Re: Lest We Forget

Sorry, I meant later stages. I was about seven or eight.

Happy 12TH to you dabbler very miserable morning here,
Regarding Patsy Corrigan, by coinsidence my Grandfthers
name is on the memorial Edward Corrigan would they have been releated and are you releated to the above Patsy,Dont tell me after all these years there is some connection if so Iam going to demand a D&A TEST. Have a great 12th
Kind Regards Ted

Hi Ted;
Spent the twelfth in English fashion, unaware of the date. I think my mother was a cousin of the Corrigans from Hilden. I have a very faint memory of Patsy, who died in the war.
Joe

Didn,t Bernadette Corrigan from Hilden marry a person called Pat Ferris from the Lowroad who worked in the building trade? When I was in Lisburn this year I was introduced to on of the sons , she worked in the mill with my aunts
I also spent the Twelfth walking around a supermarket comparing prices for my daughter who has informed me I have been chosen to renovate her bathroom.
Donald

Donald
Can't remember which was Bernadette and which was Alice, although I'm pretty sure they were related to my mother.

Dabbler & Donald, Bernadett was married to Paddy Ferris from Grove St I am not sure regarding Alice as I know there was another Alice Corrigan (Nee Mc Shane) married to Thomas (Bunty)Corrigan they came from Grove St as well, Dabbler what was your mothers cousins name ? it might ring a bell

Ted
Jimmy Corrigan, father of Patsy, Alice, Bernadette and Josie, was my mother's uncle.

Ted
My email failed to get through to you. Here it is:
Ted, Knowing that Patsy died on a ship during the second world war, I looked for his name on the Lisburn Memorial Monument. I then checked the dead of WW2, and traced his name to the Memorial in Plymouth.
It is interesting that you drank with a Corrigan (Josie?) in Luton in 1955/6. I know that Josie was left Lisburn then, but thought that he might be in the forces.
You tell a good tale about Gerald and Miss Hughes.
I shall doubtless look in on the new chat site, but am not really interested in sharing banal experiences or recipes, but pleased for those who enjoy it.
Thanks for your information on Ken or John Burns. I knew only Ken well.
Joe

I have today received confirmation that the Ordinary Seaman Corrigan mentioned on a monument in Plymouth England, is/was indeed, from Bridge Street, Hilden. If names are ever added to the Lisburn list, existing members of his family might suggest that his sacrifice be recorded in his hometown, and salute his bravery, as I do.

I've just come onto this via Google. Alice Corrigan was my granny & bounty my grandad.

Welcome, Lou.
Joe

Hi I'm Alice & Buntys granddaughter. I've just discovered this site because I typed in Edward Corrigan. I'd be truly interested in any information at all

Thank you Joe, I'd forgotten this site (foggy brain) Will have to show my dad , Danny Corrigan x

Louise, Please pass on to your Dad MY KIND REGARDS TED

Louise Smith (new Corrigan)
Hi I'm Alice & Buntys granddaughter. I've just discovered this site because I typed in Edward Corrigan. I'd be truly interested in any information at all

Louise,I forwarded some information about Edward Corrigan using the E/M on your post but it is being returned to me, if you use my em I will share it with you again Regards Ted

Prem Jaat fb www.facebook.com/prempalsingh.foujdar