Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forum Problems

Hi all,
Jim's post has caused quite a stir but i can see his point and let's keep it for him the way he wants it.
But if you all like i can set up an actual Lisburn chat page for all of you and as long as it's all kept clean you will be able to go for your life on it and i can ask Jim if he will give us a link if i set it up for you.
This way Jims forum can be kept as he wants it and you will still be able to answer questions other visiting exiles may have.
Please give me your thoughts and if you all agree i will get on to it right away.
Regards
John.....

Re: Forum Problems

john thats a great suggestion of your,s many thanks for taking the trouble to set one up.
only hoping it does not affect jim,s good luck

Re: Re: Forum Problems

Thanks CD,
It won't effect Jims site at all, as it will be for Lisburn chat only and have just secured the site name and will get it going shortly in a day or so.
Jim's site is a great Lisburn site full of information..
Mine will be just a chat site for all of us that's all.
I enjoy reading the banter.
Thanks for your support..
The site name will be lisburnchat.com
Regards
John

Re: Re: Re: Forum Problems

John,
That's a great idea and thanks. I've enjoyed chatting with everyone and participate in the discussions which interest me. Chatting with the local people in Lisburn gives me the connection I wouldn't otherwise have.
Thelma

Re: Re: Re: Re: Forum Problems

Jim,
Thank you for putting this webpage together and for the time and cost to you. The only forum participant I know is Maggie but still I enjoy reading the banter between everyone and listening to them reconnecting and discussing old times in Lisburn, when everyone was much younger.
Thelma

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Forum Problems

Jim, what a wonderful idea. Thank you. I'm up for it, as we in Lisburn say.

John
I think it would be a good idea, I, in the past had a very nasty email from someone who said because I lived in Lisburn I shouldn't be using the forum.Through the forum I have heard from Thelma, and met up with my Mum's cousins in USA and recently had a great family meeting with them. Thanks Jim for giving me the chance to meet people I would never have met without the forum. Jim keep up the good work.
Maggi

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Forum Problems

John, sorry for calling you Jim. As I said before "my oul mind's away" plus it IS very early. Great idea anyway. Thanks again.

Hi Jim,
As I had to go out yesterday evening, missed most of the postings, well I like the rest Pat, Ann Margaret, Thelma, Liz, Maggi, Dabbler, Donald, Low Roader, County Downer, John Hen, and anybody I have left out, really appreciate what the site means to some people. So thank you for setting up the Forum, I am sure it must take up a lot of your time.

Jim, just to let u know, my friend and her husband just came back from 5 days in Rome on Sunday and were telling me they met a fellow from Lisburn, who they had'nt seen in years. He told them he looks into the Forum and loves it, especially this past while, they could'nt believe it. He also knew quite a few names on it.

Is'nt life too short.

Thanks again,

Katie

John,

What a good idea,keeping everyone happy.

Katie

Re: Re: Forum Problems

Thanks Katie.
Will let everyone know when it's off and running.
John...