Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Holidays

Happy holidays to all the Canadian exiles.Canada Day. Hear u r having warm sunny weather, lots of things to do & visit this w/end. My daughter is off until Wednesday so will b thinking of u all enjoying yourselves in the sun. Still rain forecast for us for this week but will not lose hope for that good Summer yet, long way
to go. Envious as I have been in the kitchen all day.
Enjoy. Pat

Re: Holidays

Low Roader would say that's the best place for you. I'll be cooking dinner soon. Hubby is cleaning out a trout but I'm having chicken. Exciting.!!!

Re: Re: Holidays

Just turned on the spuds, new ones Home Guard. Having breast of turkey & fresh ham with carrot parsnip & steeped peas done with smoked bacon & gravy. Followed by fresh strawberries drizzled with melted chocolate & fresh cream r ice cream or home baked apple tart with custard r cream. Wine Aus.Wolf Blass white.
The men r watching sport all day The Curragh racing plus the Hurling , have,nt they it made.? Going to collapse in the armchair later & sleep. Grandson going back early today so no laptop unless I go up to S,s later in the week. L.R. & Dabbler Beano all the men can take over from us this week & next & have all men talk for a change.

Excuse me, but I'll still be here plus Katie and all the rest of the gang. We'll toast you in your absence and talk about you too, then we'll get Jim Collins to delete it. (Only joking Jim).

Went up to a new shopping outlet in Banbridge, just to find a top in a certain colour to match a new jacket which hubby doesn't know about yet. Couldn't get it but it was a lovely sunny day, plenty of shoppers and plenty of Southern cars. Hubby sat in the car with Tess and then took her for a wee walk while I was perusing about. Must try Next on Tuesday as hubby is off, so have a car. I SHALL go to the market. Get more lovely herrings.

Pat,

Will miss ur craic, sure we left the site open all day yesterday, for the men and no one took the bother of using it.

We had our dinner at 2.45, so swettie then went to watch the hurling anything with sport, but enjoys it.

I am watching the concert and find most of these young singers cannot sing but do a lot of shouting, they don't sing like the old ones, I liked Diana as I thing everyone did.

Katie

to pat
thanks for your wishes on this our national day.
to beano and the rest of the gang from lisburn living in canada,have a great day,the sun is shining in vancouver so it all adds up to a happy celebration

Countydowner,Beano,Thelma & Everyone,

Belated happy Canada day , so have a great day
day everyone.

Katie

Codowner,Pat and Katie and all,

Thank you for your good wishes on this Canada's National day.

Here in St Catharines it is 27c and the sun continues to shine as it has for the last seven weeks.....no rain, we could sure use some.

Ann,

I was thinking of you yesterday, we went to St Jacobs Market, when we went down one of the lanes of stalls, this one lady was holding up a huge pair of "Knickers" and I heard her say to her friend they are 100% cotton.I burst out laughing, I couldn't explain why I was laughing so hard, till we were driving home. By the way I couldn't imagine you being her size, she was a "Big" lady.

Incidentally we ended up in the "Mandarin" for dinner.

Beano

Beano,

I think Ann, bought the KNICKERS to hang up on her wardrobe door, new fashion. See is surley not that size.
Glad u all had a lovely day.

Just watched Rod Stewart at the DIANA concert he was brilliant what a show man, he had everyone on their feet, the princes loved it. So again did I and sweetie.

Katie

Beano, Just think of me as a large size 10. (GB size that is)

Re: Re: Re: Holidays

To Canada Day celebs.
Talking to my daughter just now, they r having a b.b.q. in the gardens with all the neighbours. A fireworks display later with plenty of entertainment for the kids in the nearby arena. Weather sunny 24%, some people have all the luck. Enjoy the good times.P

PS. Grandson enjoyed the dinner so much he left me his laptop until Wed. when he is coming back on business. Great!!!
Pat
T

Re: Re: Re: Holidays

Beano,
If u believe that u,ll believe anything.
Pat

Beano,
What a lovely name that town St. Catherine's is!

Katie

Margaret,
Just saw ur message, about Wilma,who was a good looking girl, she had dark hair and also had a sister,she ran about with a girl called Helen, I heard years a go she moved to South Africa, I am sure Beano would have known her too. She always enjoyed a good laugh. Do u think this is the same Wilma, I am talking 50's/60's, we were very young and free.

Katie

katie
i think her name was wilma hillicks? her friend was helen morrow
tom

Katie, Wilma was wilma Hillocks and her married name is Massey and she now lives in Lurgan. She has two girls. Helen Morrow , Wilma and I were chums at one time, Helen lives near me. Wilma had a very quick wit. Her first home had a range for cooking, I met her one day and in the middle of the conversation she remembered she had left a roast in the oven, I ask her what heat and she replied two shovels of coal and a block. The mind boggled ! Margaret

T.Mmccabe, Margaret,
You r both correct, did'nt want to give her name, some people may not want their name all over the place, but there.
Yes Wilma, was good fun, did she ever go to South Africa at all? Have'nt seen her since the sixties.

Katie

Margaret,

You say, Helen lives near u, I think I know who ur, did u used to ride a bike to work, and u have a sister,did teenagers years ago have a party in ur house?

Katie

Katie, Your right on all counts except I have three sisters. Margaret

Margaret,

I was actually through Wilma, I met u all those yrs ago.
Hope u r keeping well.

Katie