Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FISHING

Anything to get the topic off football. Hubby and eldest son away to Banbridge for fishing tackle. Left the two dogs with me, knowing I'm going to wash the floors. Will have to lock them in the bedroom (the dogs). Then, same hubby and son will go fishing tonight. Talk about a man's world!! I don't mind having the house to myself today as I have plenty to do. Must look out my clothes and see what I need/don't need to buy for hols. By the looks of the weather in England, I'll need a lifeboat.

Cooked several dishes this morning. Pork fillets breaded and slightly fried. Then into a casserole dish with a white sauce and coriander. That's for tonight with mashed potatoes and veg. Also cooked chicken fillets in a cheese sauce with parsley. Made a beef casserole too. These will all have to go into the oven later to cook properly. Will freeze two of theese for next week. Haven't I an exciting life?

Pleasant afternoon, unlike yesterday. Snails have been at the orange lilies so my son removed them and, if you're squeamish, turn away, tramped on them. You should have heard the squelshes of them. I said they must be Protestant snails to be eating the orange lilies.

Must put on my music now and waltz about the kitchen and hall with mop in hand. I'll pretend the mop is Johnny but hope I don't get carried away.

Re: FISHING

Ann re: My reply in Comics,

My computer misses some words, not all of England is covered in water, but some parts, the houses are in a dreadful state.

Check Comics:

Katie

Ann,
Forgot to tell u to pack ur wellies, u can get very smart ones now a days, but hope u won't need them.

Katie

The fishermen are still out. Having watched TV and nothing else worth looking at, I'm off to bed. Hope I can sleep or I'll be back on later. My two wee dogs are looking at me. Think they're ready too. It's sad, I say, it's sad. Bed with two dogs, is that what I've come to? I'll pretend one's JD and the other JT - perhaps not!! I'll say my prayers instead.

Re: Re: FISHING

I don,t recall u saying ay prayers in Canada or London or here. But as Granny said, "At your age u should b saying your prayers." Boom Boom Pat [[Pray]

I,ve just returned from a 2 day camping / fishing trip with Chris my grandson and his scool friend Max ( not his brother ) to Neuburg on the Danube. I slept in the car as the tent was too small for 3. After I went to sleep the boys got up and fished for eels and did not go back to sleep until the sun was coming up. We fished , grilled and later toasted sausages on sticks over an open wooden fire. It,s a private lake which the compamy I used to work for rents for it,s employees.
By the way here in Germany it,s the law you have to attend evening and weekend school for 3 months to be taught envoirmental protection and how to handle the caught fish so as not to cause them unnessary suffering and take a test before you get issued with a state licence to fish. There are inspectors who come around , even on private lakes and demand to see your licence.
Upon telling this to my brother his answer was ( him not being too fond of the German race ) " I suppose part of the test is marching down to the river in jack boots! "

Re: Re: FISHING

Hi Donald, that sounded a nice wee break. My son says a lot of Germans come over here to fish, especially in Donegal. He ghillied for a couple of Germans and then became friendly with them. Their names were Wolfgang and Hans, not strange to you I'm sure.

Re: Re: Re: FISHING

Don't you? You must be starting to go.