Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Football Stadium

How is the new footbal stadium progressing in Lisburn?
John

Re: New Football Stadium

JOHN,

i ASKED HUBBY,HE SAID, STILL CANNOT DECIDE BELFAST OR LISBURN. (COMPUTER NOT WORKING WELL.)

kATIE

Re: Re: New Football Stadium

Katie
Their hopeless aren't they.
Best place for it is at the maze, i thought they bulldozed the joint and were ready to build it.

John

The stadium will be built at the Maze, for all the wrong reasons.
The only viable place to have it built is in Belfast.
This does not, unfortunately, suit the political agenda of some people.
If it goes to the Maze it could be a disaster.

As I said before, I HATE ALL SPORT!!

Then you must be a fan of Winston Churchhill as he wasd often quoted assaying " No sports ! "

Is there any ground left of the 9-hole golf course off the Longstone.? It ran from there to the first Sandy Lane then from there to Warren Gardens. Or have I been away too long that it is built up too. Sport is the thing for young (& not so young ) people if it is played in the real spirit of a game not a contest of superiority. Hope it is built soon, up to the people to push for it...Joe

Joe,

Sweetie says, u have been away too long, golf course on Longstone,away years ago, he play golf there from he was a youngster.New Road through there, nearest golf course out at Blaris 18 hole pass M&S.
Tell Pat, Ann must be in dreamland by now.

Katie

Katie, I meant could they not build the football statium there? Did the new Rd take up the whole of the 9-hole course, I knew the New complex was built there but there was a lot of land. Joe.

Joe,

All the land used with the New Complex, movie house,restaurants,swimming pool,football pitch,car parks, apartments.

Katie

Katie & G......
I'll b like the old cowboy movies, "A stranger comes to Town" Joe

Joe,

Well we'r going to mosey on up the stairs,hear from u'al
tomorrow.

KatieG

I would of thought the maze was pefect for it,
Gets the conjestion out of there
Lisburn is perfect for it, all it is they are all frightened Lisburn will become the new hub of N. Ireland, lets face it she's well on the way to being just that.
LISBURN FOR EVER..

Re: Re: Re: New Football Stadium

Also i was just thinking wouldn't there be away to getting on to the freeway to head for dungannon or Belfast etc.
Wouldn't the traffic get away quicker.
John

Donald, I have at least one thing in common with Winston, and that is good brandy.

Re: Re: Re: New Football Stadium

Joe, the new stadium will hold Hockey, rugby, gaelic, cricket, athletics, as well as football. Its to be a national stadium. I don't know how much ground there is but the reason its coming to Lisburn, Belfast have not got the ground. It is convenient to the M1 to Belfast/Dungannon which connects to the other motorways. A1 to Newry and then over the border. All you need is a new railway halt which would be about ten minutes from the ground. I don't think the old golf course would have held all. Come on Lisburn !

Re: Re: Re: Re: New Football Stadium

Margaret, Glad to hear new ground is being opened in Lisburn. More sport for the young people is what is needed. In r day it was cross-country running, gym , football, cricket,boxing, hockey for some, all sports kept us fit & healthy. Picture house at nights & home for bed before 11 to b up for work next day. Great times in Lisburn then...Hope they return. Joe