Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wednesday Night/Thursday morning.

Here I am again wide awake. Went to bed early but just could not get to sleep so thought over what Katie said about staying up to 1 am. She's older than me so if she can do it so can I. I think it's all this chatroom stuff, my mind going over all the yarns. I notice the rest of you must all be in bed now too. Hubby and Tess (our wee dog) are sleeping nicely. Must have been the laudanum I added to his tea. Eva, I hasten to add, the other dog, sleeps in my son's bedroom. It is his dog after all. I know, I know, we are a very strange family. Poor Winnie, the cat, has to make do with her wee house in the garage. I also have a birdcage in the kitchen containing an artificial canary. I have several frogs, real and the garden variety, outside, also some stone birds, pigs, yes, pigs - they may be a bit trashy but I got them cheap in a charity shop. Also, wait for it, a pelican, beautifully coloured. Of course, the usual garden gnomes, 3 wee white ducks which click into each other, they're really spoons, a white dove (not real) and two large ducks sitting in the rockery. I may have more but I cannot remember at 12.15 am. I also have a real baby frog in the greenhouse. I think it likes the water from the hose every day, but my wee granddaughter is terrified of it. Anyway, still not sleepy, so if anyone is out there, talk to me.

Re: . .Wednesday Night/Thursday morning.

Hi there,
Tu whit tu whoo, new light out of an auld moon these nights, serves u right, getting my own back for Canada when u jumped into bed & left me on my own. How do u like them green apples, as Maureen always said. Try saying the Rosary,it is great for insomnia u will b asleep before the last decade.OR try counting all those garden ornaments. Joe is out calling the dog in, beautiful night here, big moon not quite full yet, see for miles. Sheena Alana & Deirdre were all here this evening till 11pm. Sat out in the porch with the candles lit, lovely. S & D r off to La Manga next Tuesday, I would love to go but can,t cheek it on to leave Joe on his own here, anyway it will b too hot there for me, I remember last time, took the shingles, thought it was mosquito bites no sympathy from anyone until I came home & the doctor diagnosed me with them. Now, does being awake strike u as a big problem, I am going to read now for a while, so Goodnight & God bless. Pat

Re: Wednesday Night/Thursday morning.

aNN,

WHEN U GET TO UR AGE, STAY AWAKE AS LONG AS POSSIBLE,FOR UK HAV'NT A LOT OF TIME, NEARLY THREE SCORE & TEN. HA HA

kATIE.

Made myself a lovely hot whiskey with honey. Had no trouble sleeping after that. Off to M & S today. Have to get hubby his "holiday clothes. See you later.

Re: Re: Wednesday Night/Thursday morning.

Hi Ann,
How do you attach those smiley faces to your message?
Thelma

Thelma,
Johnny Depp's superior hear.
Just type your message and then click on to the image BELOW and hey presto you can answer the kitchen kween.

See, it's easy (has to be for the ancient lady to do).

Yes, Thelma LRs right (see he's back). But, he neglected to tell you that there are MORE SMILEYS to be had. Jus click on More Smileys and choose whichever you like. LR How do you put on the Instant Messenger symbols?

Ann,

Just checking if my faces are working, as they hav'nt been.

Katie

Katie, you DO mean the ones on the computer?? Joke, by the way.

KK,
What Instant Messenger things?

Have you been on the hot toddies again?

LR. Not just yet, but if you post a new message, you can see an Instant Messenger just below E Mail and before Subject. How do you put on the wee images. You've had too much sangria - you're oul brains defuddled AGAIN!! Tell us all about your holiday - you must have some yarns.

Re: Re: Re: Wednesday Night/Thursday morning.

Thanks LR. Let's see if that works....YEAH!!

Thelma