Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Addition to the family

Hi everybody, we have an addition to the family, Franzi and Febi, 2 droopy eared pet rabbits which someone abandoned and were found by Chris my Grandson. They are sharing a hutch with his Guinea pigs, Socki and Doby until Grandpa Donald can build a two storey hutch, insulated to withstand the very tough Bavarian winters.
On my way back from the Homebase I got caught in a radar trap, so it,s going to be a very expensive hutch
Donald

Re: Addition to the family

Hi Donald, nearly had a fit there when you mentioned addition to the family. Good luck with the animals. Have to keep the grandchildren happy, right?

Re: Re: Addition to the family

Hi Donald,
We thought we would buy 2 hens for fresh eggs as we have plenty of land, but it did,nt work out. Joe built a hen-house, lovely, got straw from the farmer up the lane, 2 healthy hens, good layers, 2 brown eggs every morning BUT the hens were always at the back door doing what hens do, they had an acre to feed in. " We " (I) fed them pellets & left-over bread every morning, left water, all their orders BUT they followed us around everywhere mostly round the house doing what hens do...Then they scratched up the flowers & ferns & 2 hostas Joe was tending under a big tree in the front garden where nothing else would grow. The hens terrorised the 3 cats & even were a match for the dog, a soft yorkshire terrier. Even the birds were wary of them. The air would have been blue & when Joe started chasing them with a brush I thought it was time to get a new home for the poor things. My grandson took them further up the hills to a friend where they ramble with about 50 others in a field. The hen-house is great for the cats who sleep in it .We miss the fresh eggs but Aldi sells organic ones, not as fresh but the place is cleaner round the house & the garden is coming back to normal. Watch out Donald, pets r great if they r fenced in, we wanted free range eggs. Watch out for complications. Good luck, Pat