Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A wee poem from Senor & Senorita Low Roader

Ole we´re here in sunny Spain
Y viva Espaná
We´re sick to death of wind and rain
Y viva Espaná

The sun is hot and shines all day
I do love Espaná
It takes my pains and aches away
I love my Espaná

I lie and listen to my discs
I´m learning Espaná
I´m taking no more silly risks
I will learn Espaná

I hope that everyone behaves
While I´m in Espaná
No organising any raves
While I´m in Espaná

It´s time for me to sign off now
So " Hasta la Vista"
I´m off to try the local brew
I´m just a wee Low Road Mista.

Re: A wee poem from Senor & Senorita Low Roader

Lowroader,
I was getting a wee bit worried as you haven't written for some time now, nice to hear you are getting a nice tan and that the muse has struck.
Ronnie and Betty , Welcome to our forum, your names ring a bell, I JUST cannot place you, are you also from the Lowroad or just blow ins?

Donald,
I am in the same boat as you.
I seem to remember the name but just cannot place the couple.
It seems that they came on and then disappeared.
Perhaps the kitchen clan scared them off.

Anne,
You are really treading on thin ice .
Even Johnny Depp would not be able to save you if you carry out any more multiple identity larks.
have a great anniversary and try some real champers and not a Tesco substitute

Re: Re: A wee poem from Senor & Senorita Low Roader

LR, my humblest apologies, even though you are a blow-in. Have to blame this new computer - not really acquainted fully with it. Friends?

Just back from M & S, Tescos & Greens. Knackered. Hubby accompanied me so he's knackered too. Bought all sorts of party foods in M & S plus a Tiramisu for dessert. Various beautiful cheeses too.

For nibbles before starting we have tortilla chips, a variety, with several dips. Also green pitted olives.

For starters we're having 3 different pates with cumberland sauce and Italian bruschettini, with a few salad leaves for decoration.

Then, Greens best fillet steaks with mashed potatoes and baby potatoes. Microwaveable vegetables - a good selection. A tossed salad as well.

This will be followed by the cheese board and crackers.

If anyone wants dessert there is the tiramisu.

We bought REAL champagne in Tescos - good offer on - half price, so we have 4 bottles, plus plenty of white wine. We have red in the house anyway.

Don't know whether to fry the steaks with onions or grill them. Will consult my daughter. Bought peppered sauce as well.

I'm sure everyone is fed up with the above menu but I know LR would like to know what we are having on our 46th wedding anniversary.

LR. I was handed down big sister's clothes. Even her toys at Christmas. When I went to the Tech I had to wear her cookery apron with PL sewn in red thread on the pocket. I was truly a deprived child. That's why I go bonkers now.

Re: Re: Re: A wee poem from Senor & Senorita Low Roader

Dear L.R.
The memory I have is of a spoilt child, getting her own way, a very bad temper, nickname Spitfire, u know what they say about red hair. Funny we don,t see ourselves as others see us. Maybe it is just as well. Wait for the reply......Pat

I'll leave it to the jury.

Unanimous decision. Spoit rotten by all,including Hubby. The Jury.

Guilty as charged.

Re: Re: A wee poem from Senor & Senorita Low Roader

The Low Roaders know their own. Well said L R. Pat

Re: Re: Re: A wee poem from Senor & Senorita Low Roader

What we see is mainly what we look for!!