Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ready for Antrim

Do any of you remember the old saying when you were irritated, agitated or generally going nuts. We used to say, "I'm ready for Antrim". For those who don't know, there was a psychiatric hospital there (still is) and Lisburn was one of the catchment areas.

Well, I am definitely ready for Antrim, only we have our own psychiatric hospital in Lisburn now.

Work has been going on here for a while, the house is a mess, now the drive is a mess as it has been dug up because of a blocked drain (blocked with a large lump of concrete!!!) Now the road outside our house is a mess because the blockage affects outside our property as well. Half the street is closed off at the moment with all sorts of AT WORK, DANGER, NO TRAFFIC signs. There are also several big lorries in the street and I am getting funny looks from some of the neighbours as a lot of drilling has been going on creating an awful lot of dust. We all have our beautiful hanging baskets, tubs, etc. out and they're now covered in a nice white film of grit. That's not counting the windows. We were to have workmen here this morning to carry out work inside the house. We had to postpone them coming as there is no access into our drive and they need access. They are now coming next Tuesday. I cannot get in or out except by my neighbour's garden and that involves me TRYING to get my leg over her fence. I have arthritis in my left hip so it was very difficult and after several attemepts we had to get 2 workmen and hubby to trail me over in a very undignified manner. Coming back to the house, after taking the dogs out (I HAD TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE) I found I just could not get over the fence again. My neighbour, seeing my difficulty, very kindly supplied me with a small set of steps which did the trick. Hubby took this morning off work to deal with all the comings and goings. He left for work about 1pm and at about 1.15 I received a call from Phoenix Gas who said they were calling here at 2pm to discuss a new heating system with me. Had to ring hubby and he's coming home again. I heard him sighing when the secretary told him it was me on the phone. I sighed too to keep him company. I hve feelings too you know. As well as that the younger son has just come in, parked himself at the kitchen table with the newspaper spread out, helped himself to a burger and no doubt will expect his dinner here. COULD ANYONE TAKE ME AWAY FROM ALL THIS? I promise to be good.

Re: Ready for Antrim

That can b arranged!..The men in the white coats will arrive next......Pat

Re: Ready for Antrim

Now you know what happened last time I was threatened with that. You know, big Maria and all that. Remember the roofspace incident where I nearly missed Charles & Camilla? Anyway, my roofspace is cleared out now - I would have no disguise to put on.

Re: Re: Ready for Antrim

Workmen here again. I'm going out to the hairdresser's for the full works. Colour and trim so I'll be gong for a long time. Get my head showered. Younger son, who is off work with a bad back, will be round to look after my wee dogs, otherwise they'll bark all day at the men and hurt their wee throats. Son will no doubt help himself to everything and anything he can find to eat. And, yes, he did stay for dinner last night. I may advertise my two sons on the web. No, they're not gay, wouldn't matter to me if they were, just too well fed and looked after here - typical Irish mother. Only realise that now when it's too late!!! Any offers will be considered.