Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Where is Dabbler AGAIN?

Dabbler I think you like tormenting us and depriving us of your craic. With Katie going on holiday and Low Roader enjoying himself abroad, we need you back asap. Donald can only do so much.

Re: Where is Dabbler AGAIN?

Thank you Ann
Here I am working my fingers to the bone and all those l++y so and so,s lying around and scratching their never minds. Come on all, lets get this forum up and working again
Donald

Re: Re: Where is Dabbler AGAIN?

Hi Donald and Ann,
I've not been lying around scratching my never mind. I was up at 5:30 this morning and I'm doing some extra cleaning before I have friends over on Saturday. Went into the garage, found my husband's pressure washer, figured out how to use it and that wasn't too difficult at all. I aimed it right at the bee hive under the deck and ran indoors for safety. Hopefully when I go out later, they don't come looking for me.

I went to Victoria B.C. on the weekend to visit our son. Weather was lovely, about 18c and sunny. Victoria has a couple of great Irish Linen shops but I didn't buy anything as everything was very expensive. Enjoyed looking though. I took my son shopping for some new clothes and we had some great meals out too. It was pouring rain in Calgary and 11c so I didn't miss anything.
Thelma

Thelma, why do we always have to do extra cleaning before friends arrive. I'm the same but hubby says. "If it's good enough for me, then it's good enough for them". We women know better, though, don't we?

Hi Ann,
I know my friends aren't going to go around and check for dust with their fingers like Mrs. Bucket might but I like to know the place is clean. I don't know about you but I want them to think it always looks this way. In my opinion, husbands get off very lightly. For example, at Christmas time when the kids were young, I did the shopping for gifts, wrapping, cleaned the house, cooked a great meal, saw to it that the children were happy and my husband wonders why we sometimes didn't take pictures. Plus I worked outside the home. Well I ask you!
Thelma

Thelma & Ann,
As you know,u know who, will be looking in and will ask you, "do u want a medal".
I know what u mean going away soon although my sons will be here, I have to have everything **** and span,I was the same as you,Christmas shopping,ironing, cleaning, baking and also working full time. How could the men in our lives do without us.
Thelma my daughter is on her way home to Tipperary,
(I tell her Lisburn is her home) from Canada, she said it was a brilliant trip, the scenery was breathtaking. Can't wait to see the photos.
When ur friends come, put ur feet up for a while, have a drink and relax.

Katie

Beano,
Knew your Aunt Sadie and Jackie also, sorry about the names, Sambo and Maureen always pleasant, Maureen with her black hair and smile.

Katie

Thelma, Katie et al, I think we are all in agreement. Men are lazy, ungrateful sods.

Ann and Katie,
We're all in agreement then and yes I will take that medal!

It's a girls evening on Saturday night with the girls I worked with at my last job. I'm cooking dinner and buying pastries from the bakery for our dessert. After all the cleaning and cooking, I'm giving myself a treat by buying dessert. We'll have a few drinks, play some cards, tell some jokes about men and talk about all the things they're lacking in. All in good fun of course because we actually married them.

Katie, glad your daughter had a good time in Canada.
Thelma