Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anniversary

I miss you at the unexpected moments, a stranger,s smile brings sudden tears. I miss you Summer, Autumn into Winter. Spring only brings another lonely year. I hear your voice on evening breezes, Your touch is in the softly falling rain. In dappled shade I see you walking. As twilight falls, I taste your kiss. In dreams I feel your arms enfold me, pressing me close to your heart. In my ear you gently whisper " You & I will never part " Pat

Re: Anniversary

Pat, that is really beautiful !

Pat,
My reply to u was put on Holidays by mistake.

What a lovely words u have written, it was very touching. Thank you.

Katie

I have checked but I think the beautiful words written by Pat were in remembrance of our dear departed Aunt Annie whose first anniversary was on 9th June.

Sorry, I meant to say I have NOT checked.

Ann,

As I said last night,knew both ur brothers, Joseph used to live round the corner from us, his wife was Italian and I remember the twins (girls). Pat wee poem was lovely.

You wonder why some people are nasty,but I always
rise above that sort of thing, life is too short.
Hubby says maybe some people have nothing to be happy about.

Katie.

Hi Beano,

Daughter in Vancover Island, staying with girls she knows from the South, says it is really lovely, she is going whale watching to-day. She was in Calgary for a few days says it is just a big city,but nice enough.
She is really enjoying Canada. My daughter is very quiet not like Ann or I, as my hubby says (just full of good clean fun.

Katie

Re: Re: Anniversary

Hi Katie,

Your daughter will love the "Island", she will get a kick out whale watching, been there done that, it is very exciting. We had a real pleasure one time on the Ferry from the Mainland to the Island, the Captain announced a school of Whales was swimming along side, there was nine of them it was a terrific sight. Tell her to try "Milestones" on the Inner Harbour in Victoria, the food is very good, and the price is right. If she is coming near Niagara before she goes home we would be pleased to show her around. If she is, and would like to contact us, I will give you my phone no. by e-mail.

Beano

Re: Re: Re: Anniversary

hi Katie and beano
As you know beano i live here with whale watching trips available five minutes from us in steveston village,and yet it,s something i always wanted to do but never managed .
your correct milestone in the inner harbour serves good food at a good price,i have family visiting in july from lisburn they just love the island.i hope katie your daughter has a great time there

Beano,
Sent daughter a text, told her about Milestone's,I don't think she is going to Niagara, but it was very kind of u to say u would show her around,typical Irish gesture.
Again many thanks.

Katie

Hi Countydowner,

Glad to hear from u, daughter is having a great time in ur adopted Country she says some of the scenery breathtaking . Sent her a text telling her about Milestones, thanks to Beano. Have a good day as they say in another Country not to far away from u

Katie

Re: Re: Anniversary

Thank your all again for the encouraging words. you will never know how mmch it means to me. Pat