Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lisburn Visit.

Hi All.

Last Saturday like Katie and Ann and others do , my wife Evelyn and i went to Lisburn for a days shopping . Parked car at Christ Church car park , had a chat with the attendent on duty Mr Eric Crangle , enjoyed the chat , but time was marching on . So we went post haste to Greens Emphorium to buy some groceries , first order stuffed turkey and ham , from the cold meats counter ,lovely , chocolate sponge , Walkers Sultana cake ,4 packets of wheaten buscuits , I sound like a salesman for Greens. Returned to the car with the groceries , lucky to have a cool bag with us , as it was a very warm day . Back down to Greens to the coffee dock , for a welcome cup of tea , had a lovely fresh salad roll and a portion of apple tart for Evelyn and myself , and a nice cup of tea to wash it all down . Met a lovely couple from Lurgan at our table . Moved on to Bow St , the place was buzzing , music by bongo drums and base guitar , anythng goes in Lisburn , And the ladies all styles of fashion . Proceeded down to bottom of Bow St , wife went into a shop , i decided to have a seat on one of the benches , a lady and her husband sat down , and he was wearing shorts , and tatooed from head to toe as the saying goes . Not very much skin left , but whatever turns you on .They were a very nice and friendly couple , and i enjoy speaking to people . We were told that the Lord Mayors show was about to start ,and we made our way up to J C Pattersons corner , the show was very good ,and i would say it was just as good as the Belfast Show , they even had Two Brazilian lady dancers dressed in bikinies , bad for the blood pressure . A lot of effort was put in to the show , and all credit to all who were involved . Evelyn and i were keen on a wee cup of tea , and called at the Brown Bean , just around the corner from JC'S , It was very nice and friendly like everything in Lisburn , onward to the carpark , and made our way home after a very enjoyable day in Gods Country.

Regards to all
Tommy

Re: Lisburn Visit.

Hi to Everyone,

In a hurry this morning, running very late,have to go out this morning.

Re: Tom McKay,
Yes last Saturday was a lovely day, glad u enjoyed
it, also ur wee cups of tea/coffee. Must look out for u in Green's, have u still got wavey hair. Do u still not remember me? No More clues. Sh Sh Sh
Katie

Re: Lisburn Visit.

Glad u had a memorable visit home, lucky youse. Must get up there soon. Pat

Re: Re: Lisburn Visit.

Hi Tommy, glad you enjoyed your day in Lisburn. You know all the good places to go, including the Brown Bean, even thought it is small. Their wheaten loaf is gorgeous, just every bit as good as my own. Imagine I missed the Mayor's Parade.