Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MAGGI

Maggi, are you the same Maggi that was in my evening class at the Tech. We were studying for A level Literature. If so, will you confirm this before I pass on any good wishes, etc.

Re: MAGGI

Hi Ann
no it wasnt me. I went to Forthill. I lived in Alexander Avenue in the Co Down. I was talking to my cousin John Mercer who knows you. John and his wife Kathleen are on holiday here from Oz and I believe they are meeting up with Beano soon. Hi Thelma.

Re: Re: MAGGI

Maggi, thanks for replying. Who is John Mercer? How does he know me? I cannot think of him but I know you will reveal all. All the best anyway.

Hi Maggi,

Hope your Mum is still doing well. We haven't spoken for a while. We are looking forward to seeing John and Kathleen.

Billy (Beano)

Hi Ann
he lives in Perth Australia he went there a looooong time ago, think he knew you through the board.

Hi Maggi,
How are you? I was wondering when you'd be back on. I phoned Heather 3 or 4 weeks ago and we had a good chat. She said she would find out when Forthill are going to have their 50th anniversary celebration. When I was in Lisburn last year, I stopped at Forthill and the vice principal showed me around and that's when she mentioned there would be a 50th year celebration but wasn't sure if it would be in 2008 or 2009. I suppose you know my forum friends Katie and Ann.
Thelma

Maggi, Have you got a brother called Keery ? i was born in the County Down and had nearly the same maiden name as you ! I had three sisters and also knew your Mum and John and Brian Mercer, Dorothy Mercer, Doreen Mercer, Mrs Softley and I'm sure a lot of you other relatives. Margaret

Re: Re: Re: MAGGI

Maggi, I believe you are friends with a niece of mine (Deirdre) and met up with her when you were home. Is this correct?

Margaret, I know who you are now, yes Keery is my brother. I live not too far from your sister, Heather? Ann, no I cant think who your friend is. Beano, sorry Mum passed away on 31st January, she hadnt been well for a while. Thelma nice to see you are on the board. I havent heard anything re a reunion, my youngest daughter is there so if I hear anything I will let you know.