Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sam Wilson's grocery store

I worked in Sam Wilson's grocery store on Bow St.
I have no brothers. I left home in 1960. I became friends to the McKeown's after carrying groceries home for them. I dated Patsy and Lena. I used to take Jackie to visit her aunt in Belfast.

I am sure she remembers me.

Ray

Re: Sam Wilson's grocery store

Hi Ray,
Are you related to the Gilliland's who lived on Alanbrooke Avenue? I can't remember the parents names but they had two boys. The younger boy was called Dennis.
Thelma

Re: Sam Wilson's grocery store

Ray,

New all the Mckeowns'Granny Gena, mum Minnie, Therese, Eileen, T.J.(Tommy), Patsy, Kahtleen, Lena and Jackie.
Theresa and Eileen are dead,Patsy and Kathleen married English lads, never see the rest.

There aunt Bella, lived in Ardoyne.

Katie

Re: Re: Sam Wilson's grocery store

I lived on Hill Hall Road, no brothers.... only child...

Ray

Re: Re: Sam Wilson's grocery store

Thank you for the info. You probably know me, I was around their house quite a lot. I remember a friend of theirs who drove a big CoalIsland brick truck. Tommy was very particular about the crease in his pants and his shined shoes. I understand you have no idea where Jackie is.

Re: Re: Re: Sam Wilson's grocery store