Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Where is Donald?

Donald, you are conspicuous by your absence. Miss all your tales of Germany and your yarns. Maybe you're on holiday.

Re: Where is Donald?

Ann,
I think Donald's away for a week to some place near Venice, with his wife and daughter. He is noticeably missing.
Thelma

Re: Re: Where is Donald?

Thannks Thelma. How did you know that?

Re: Re: Re: Where is Donald?

I remember him writing that on the forum so I looked back a few days. There's a posting around June 7th saying he was leaving on Saturday which would have been the 9th.
Thelma

Ann,

Has clickty click gone to ur head, Donald did tell us he was going to Venice. Sadly missed.

Katie

Re: Re: Where is Donald?

Sometimes, if I'm in a hurry, and a posting doesn't look very interesting, I'm afraid I "fast read" it so must have missed Donald's bit about Venice. God, he'll kill me for suggesting tht his posting wasn't interesting, but it was because I was in a hurry.

it,s nice to know I,m missed, came back yesterday to find my modem on the bum, am here at my eldest daughter,s house and am using her laptop. Will have to buy a new one tomorrow. Have a lot to report, eg saw a few young people , in their 20,s without hands begging in and around Venice, could it be possible that they come from some country where it,s still practice to amputate for commiting crimes?

Donald,
I told Ann, u were in Venice, but if it is not interesting she skips it.
Did u enjoy Venice, I have been there about 4 times
and I still love it, especially by boat it is like taking a step back hundreds of years. I was always looking out for Cassanova (I am not sure how to spell his name)the streets are so narrow and so easily to get lost, any way I hope u and yours enjoyed the trip.
Did y have coffee in Harry's bar?

Katie

We only had one day in Venice, driving over from Bibione to Punta Sabbioni and crossing from there in a ship as a special treat for my Grandson Kilian
When in Venice I took in the British Council's Norniron contribution to the 52nd Venice Biennale, Willie Doherty,s video about the " troubles" = Ghost Story, but to be honest I couldn't make anything out of it. It's coming to Munich in Sept together with some other films about the " troubles" so I plan to have another look at it and maybe I can see into it. Browsing through the desk copy of his book with the same title didn't help either as the photos in it were taken from the video and almost black.

Katie, I am so glad you're not away on holiday yet. I miss you already. Such a mess here in the house already and we have more workmen coming tomorrow to start inside. I says to hubby "I hope nobody dies here because what would we do with the house in this state?" He says we could take over your house Katie, so pray that none of passes away in the meantime. I don't know when you're going and don't advertise it on the web, but be sure and have a good holiday.

Donald, I don't know what nationality those people in Venice were. I mean, the ones with their hands amputated, but some countries disable their children at birth so that they can become beggars. It's sad whatever the reason.

Ann,

Been up to my eyes these past few days, as u know I will be in London soon. God forbid, but if house needed, no bother, I know what it is like with building work, just finished decorating the kitchen a nightmare, trying to choose colours. (By the way hubby done the work)

Dabbler missing. I hope he is well.

Katie

Ann
I don't know what nationality they were, in the marketplace in Portogruaro there was a young man about 25 with both hands missing and when I put something in his collection box he thanked me in what I thought was perfect Italian. If what you say is true I ask myself what type of parents or indeed doctor could bring themselves to perform such a barbarian act
Donald

Donald,

Seeing things like the man without hands, makes us realise how lucky we are, what an awful sight,but glad you were kind to him.

Katie

Katie, did you say hubby did the work? It was definitely not MY hubby as I always have to get in someone. I'm getting quite suspicious - I thought you were married to sweetie?