Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hello Again

I have not had an opportunity to visit the site for
the last little while and was just getting caught up on all the "crack". Ann, I don't remember you, but you are welcome to email me any time. I do remember Margaret Burns well - she lived a few doors from us. I remember Mr. Devlin's class very well and loved every minute of it - one of the classes that I was able to get "distinction" - mind you don't ask me about Miss Beck's class and our French classes - I just couldn't get it and still don't - thank God I don't need it here. I did try to learn Ukr. to make the in-laws happy - so you can image speaking Ukrainian with an Irish accent - oh what we don't do to be part of another family. Hope everyone has a great day, and yes I was in the Girl's Brigade with Joyce Higgins, Daphne McNeill, etc. and we all loved it.

Re: Hello Again

Daphne,
Just as a matter of interesr, is the rugby player who plies his trade in Scotland any relation?

RLR

Re: Re: Hello Again

No relation

Re: Hello Again

Daphne, you wouldn't have know me as Ann and I cannot give my maiden name as the police are on the look-out for me (only joking). I loved French, English, Shorthand and Typing. As for the rest YAWN!! Got distinctions in those 4 and actually passed Book-Keeping and Geography. I had originally been in Class K but due to a mistake I was put into a different class in my second year. Everyone by that time had paired off and I had to sit beside this girl with oul greasy hair. I think her name was Jean. Do you remember me now.?