Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Birthdays, not ages.

See u kept that quiet, flydog.... Hope u r still enjoying the B.B.Q. & the gin & tonic & white wine. Wish I could join in the fun. We will toast absent friends later after dinner, we r about to have ours now.
Many happy returns. Glad u liked the present. Love, Pat & Joe & family.

Re: Birthdays, not ages.

Just like to add my best wishes to the Auld Yin as well.
RLR

Pat,
Sorry about Stella, Someone told me she was dead also,
are is she ill?

Is'nt Ann the fly one. Hear singing coming from up the
mountains, as we used to call it where her daughter lives.

Katie

Re: Re: Birthdays, not ages.

Hi Ann,
Happy Birthday and many more! Hope you enjoyed your birthday barb-b-cue at your daughter's.
Thelma

Re: Re: Re: Birthdays, not ages.

Thanks everyone for the birthday greetings. Up early this morning, no hangover or anything. Must be getting old. Had a great day and the weather was beautiful too. I'm typing this on a new computer which was a present from my sons so I now have WORD, a dictionary, thesaurus and everything. Only on for a minute as we're having another glorious day.

Picture this, me a day older - 66 now. Dressed in a bikini top, a short skirt and a bandana - the bandana reminds me of JOHNNY. Not a pretty sight I might add but this is my outfit for ironing outside at the back of the house. No Katie, sweetie CANNOT come up for a quick peep. Talk to you all later. JMcC, enjoyed your story.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Birthdays, not ages.

See the mistake already. This computer works differently. Wondeer what this one will turn out like. I'm away to my women's work LR - ironing.

Who is lisburn exiles forum?
A new contributor or some older person masquerading?

Answers on a postcard to:

Johnny Depp is nerd.

LR Boo, hiss and boo again. Anyway, did I mention the Depp word?

Ann,
Did u make a mistake in ur age, I thought u were nearer my age. what a lovely surprise the gift from ur sons,
and u always slanging them, I will be dropping a few hints to my boys about this.
Went up stairs to find Sweetie for got hubby climbing onto the window ledge with binoculars, I said get down u silly fool u can't see Ann's house from there.
Now have to go and star house work, usually have it done by not.
Katie

Raymond,

Did u used to work in Sam Watsons shop and did u and ur brother have a funny hair in the fifties.

Katie

My actual DOB is 10-6-1941 so does that make me 66 or what. I can't help it if your 70th is coming up soon. YIIPPEEE!!

Re: Re: Re: Birthdays, not ages.

Just finished my ironing in the garden. Wee granddaughter still asleep in bed, accompanied by my two wee dogs, one on either side of her. The said granddaughter was in fine form yesterday and decided to paint my toenails a nice deep pink. Rachel, you all know Rachel, decided she too wanted to paint someone's toenails. She arrived with a pot of pale pink pearlised nail polish. She chose her granda's toenails as the ones she wished to paint. He's away to work this morning and I hope he doesn't have occasion to be admitted to hospital with his lovely pale pink toenails. I think his face would be a deeper shade of red and everyone will look sympathetically at me.

Ann and All Exiles,

Talking about pink, while out this morning thought I would keep in with swettie/hubby,lokking for a present for one of my sons birthday, so bought
swettie a nice pink polo shirt, sweetie looked at me and said, do u want very one laughing at me, but have to say it is lovely on him very chic.

Listening to Andrea Bocelli one of my many favourite singers.

Going out for some sun.

Katie

HI Everyone,

Beano,
Just got a post-card from my daughter in Whistler,it looks a beautiful place (a great ski place), she is now at Lake Louise, she stayed at a cabin in the woods in the Rockies, she said the Lakes r green in colour because of the glaciers.She texted me yesterday, she was on an ice field (Sun)and going white water rafting. (rather her than me)

New name for Ann, Clickety Click.
Ann,
Sorry to hear ur grandaughter is sick, I had a grandson sick,last Mon/Tues I also minded him, but he was fine on Wednesday (must be the weather not used to it.

Katie

Katie
What r u saying about Sweetie? Do U know what they say about pink shirts for "men" Joe won,t wear one & I think they look nice too, we must start a trend. Pat

There are only two types of men who wear pink shirts.
Is sweetie a bull - fighter?

LOW Roader,

A real mancho man. Away to get a drink (water)

Katie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Birthdays, not ages.

Hi Ann,

Never mind the mistakes, just keep typing away. I would like to wish you a belated "Happy Birthday."

Beano

Hi Katie,

Lake Louise is fantastic, I saw it on a postcard first and said it had to be phony. It is as the postcard showed, a fairy land. The colour of the lake reflects the colours of the Glaciers as your daughter said. We have been at least four times to that part of the country. We were on Whistler once, it is awesome, you will see it in a couple of years time on T.V.as the Winter Olympic skiing will be held there

Beano