Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WHERE WAS SQUEEZE GUT ENTRY?

Reward for the first to answer correctly. Going out to the garden, beautiful day, no time to talk.

Re: WHERE WAS SQUEEZE GUT ENTRY?

Ann,
Just in, going out again, will ask my brother, he should know. In a hurry, told u doing what I am told
Hope I get the prize. (Is it a cruise to Derriaghy)

Hi to all u exiles, will look in later.

Katie

Re: Re: WHERE WAS SQUEEZE GUT ENTRY?

Was that not facing the Chapel, a wee entry that opened ont a green, Toole,s lived there, it used to b a quaint place, never in it but heard of it.Did I win the prize???Pat

Re: Re: Re: WHERE WAS SQUEEZE GUT ENTRY?

Pat, you definitely win the prize. The prize is (trumpet sound) da da de de "A Day's fishing in the Plumhole".

Re: Re: Re: Re: WHERE WAS SQUEEZE GUT ENTRY?

Pat, forgot to tell you it was a FREE day's fishing

Ann,
Guess what, sweetie said that it was where Pat said, but I said no, have to ask the brother the McNally family and and Billy Logue lived there
I should have known, sweetie/hubby is always right.

Ask Pat by e mail who used to call a certain figure in the South by sweetie. Prize for answer.
Trip on train for pensioners

Sweetie has found out about name, not to call him that anymore, again, I will do what I am told.
Can u feel the screen vibrating, I am shaking.

Katie

Katie, many a true word was spoken in jest!

Dabbler and others. Katie has her man right where she wants him, at her beck and call. I see that poor man standing in the Mall while Katie goes round all the shops. Hubby refuses to come shopping at all. He'll know all about it if Johnny Depp runs off with me!!!!

Pat, if you have a computer at your disposal this weekend, Katie asked me to pass on this message. "Who called someone by the name of sweetie"? Replies on the web please.

Kat ie, please don't talk about vibrations. That's all past us, but maybe you could tell us different.

Katie it was the first thing I thought of when I heard u called Gerald Sweetie, notorious name here....but I liked him, he did a lot for the real people, like abolishing rates, all ground rents & free travel for senior citizens, no one is all bad, we all have r faults. As granny always said "He was,nt a bad fellow"

Re: Re: Re: WHERE WAS SQUEEZE GUT ENTRY?

Ann, The sooner the better, give us all a break.
About that prize, Lovely, wish I could b there now with all the pals Henry Orr, Laurence Rickard, Reggie Stephenson, Malachy, Leonard, Oliver Mc Kendry, Maxwell, Marie Bell, Peggy Orr, Isabel Elliot,Mickey Kelly,
Geordie Latimer, Albert Lockhart,Lily Walker, Joan Orr, Jean Latimer, all the old neighbours in East Down View some gone, some far away some still in Lisburn, God Bless them all, .....PAT.

Katie Claiming that prize, I get free travel anyway anywhere in Ireland including boat trip to Aran Islands, courtesy of Sweetie, R.I.P Pat

Pat , between you and Katie, yis're gettin' me flummoxed. All those people I didn't know, and now a 'notorious' word.
Here where I live, Sweetie is a term of endearment used by sociable people, usually female, even to relative strangers, something like 'Lovey'.
Ann, your man sounds like one of the old school. I'm under the thumb, and at my beloved wife's beck and call.

Dabbler, Sweetie was the name ,as u say a term of endearment, used by Charles Haughey,s mistress for him, she was a journalist with the Irish Times & wrote a book about their long affair which began the downfall of Charles. As granny said again "It takes 2 to tango" ****** could,nt we all tell a tale? Pat.

p.s. The book was withdrawn, I would love to read it but can,t get an old copy. Terry Keane was the name of the journalist, her husband was a High Court Judge, did she not consider him when she exposed Charlie.?????Pat

Parades, says you. That's nothin'.
So off I went yesterday, like the obedient hubby I am, to the town centre, on the bus, with herself. I expected the usual boring walkabout, and got some of it, picking up bits of material and what-have-ye, but as we were about to go in to yet another needles'n'cotton emporium, we heard lloud bycicle bellringing, and, coming down a main shopping road we saw hundreds of naked cyclists. No, honest - NAKED! Well, actually, most of the women wore bikini bottoms or something, though not all, and there were lots of willies to be seen. I mostly noticed the female bits bouncing around; indeed my glasses quickly steamed up.
To my surprise herself didn't rush me into the shop. She was transfixed!

You see Dabbler, it's true what the nuns told us. They called England, "Pagan England". I always keep my daughter and her husband going about that when they're here. I'm sure a certain part of their anatomy was red and bruised by the time they got home. No, I don't mean their bare heads.

Pat,
You r completly correct about the word sweetie, but my terminology of it is for a different reason. I knew u would yet it. (Your get the train ride, all free for pensioners).

Dabbler,
I am baffled, did u mean I am wrong about the English
family, they did live in Linenhall Street, nearly facing Muriel Bradley's house. Ru talking about Sambo English and Jim English famalies.

Beautiful day here 26,(catching up on Canada)so going out to my garden to relax.

Katie.

Katie: Minnie, not Maggie.
And I STILL don't remember the playground in the Wallace Park; nor do I understand your chat with Pat, but then that's probably not my business, and herself always tells me to minnd my own.

Katie, how old is your husband?

Katie, I'm holding my breath; does he remember me?

Dabbler,

Make a guess, he is very young at heart.

Katie

Dabbler,
And forgot to tell u he loved to sing and still does.

Do you remember the Phillips family who lived in Piper Hill, their father was a chimney sweep I am sure Pat will remember Mary a daughter.

Pat,
Same thoughts as u on Sweetie I thought he was a good
Man especially for working class people like us.
I thought she was rotten to write what she did, I used to read in the Ind Paper and often wondered who sweetie was.

Katie