Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
cough mixture

Still in bed with flu so my multi-tasking skills are still juggling the tissues between sneezing,coughing,and blowing my nose. The coughing is the worst and I thought I would just love a bottle of Paddy Brogan's cough mixture. Do any of you remember that?
Em

Re: cough mixture

I've tried all the proprietary brands for sixty years, and found that honey and lemon works best.
I managed the mowing today despite suffering from a summer cold.
Somebody wrote about Venice - agree, it's lovely. Lido Di Jesolo has a nice beach, and is within easy reach of Venice.

Emily,

Paddy Brogan's cough mixture not sold anymore,chemists
are not allowed to make their won now, but it was good, could take the hairs of ur chest.

Katie.

Katie,
I suppose I should really sign this "Worried Low Roader".
Hairs on your chest!!!!!!!!!!

Low Roader,

For U, make the "hairs grown on ur chest".

Katie

Re: Re: cough mixture

I remember "Paddy Brogan's" cough mixture, it was an awful taste, my Mother used to say, I know, but it does you good. Now here in Canada you can buy one that tastes the same as Paddys. Their slogan..... It tastes awful but it works".

Beano