Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
By way of explanation

Just thought I'd better explain how I have access at all peculiar times and make frequent visits to Lisburn Exiles. As well as loving to chat, my computer is right in my kitchen, switched on from the minute I get up. I therefore keeping peeping at it all the time, beteween my household tasks you understand,to see if anyone's on. If they are, I can't resist replying. I can multi-task, as all females can, so as well as cleaning, putting on frequent washes, ironing, walking my wee dogs, taking phone calls, making hubby's lunch and his and the son's dinner, keeping myself beautiful at all times and baking and cooking, I can STILL do the internet. Where in the name of all that's holy, is everyone. Have I talked you all out? Surely not. I know Katie Stewart is a better chatter than me so am looking forward to tales from her. Katie, do you remember the pantomime you and your husband and I were in. Must do a wee story about that sometime.

Re: By way of explanation

Hi Ann,

Yes I remember the pantomine, that is were I lost my grass skirt as a certain gentleman/boy stood on it and left me standing in my knickers in front of everyone thank God they were shiny white. The said gentleman/boy
later became my hubby or "swettie" as I will call him.

"You know who I am now"

I spelt Australia wrong on last reply and me with all my O,A,X,Z W levels. By the way I went to Night Tech with your hubby I think it was English and Accounts, my swettie says he thinks I have forgotten what accounts mean, must go back to school as a mature student/teacher.
Katie.

Re: By way of explanation

Hey Katie, Re the pantomime, I remember there was a part at the beginning of the pantomime, after the chorus had sung "There's no business like Show Business" there was a part for two members of the chorus to come out and dance before the "leads" came on. It was a small but important part for young ladies of our age - 12 or 13. Anyway, I remember you saying to us (mugs) "If you let my friend and me get this part my mother says she'll get me a chance to act on stage.". We believed you. Yes, you and your friend got the part. Remember the night the curtain fell down as you and your friend were dancing out. You went ahead anyway, real professionals.

Re: Re: By way of explanation

Ann, With all the things you do around the Kitchen, cleaning, baking, making lunch @ supper ,tending the wee dogs,and keeping an eye on the computer. You should be very careful not to , " BURN YOUR CAREER " on the stove.

An Exile

Re: Re: Re: By way of explanation

Yes, I agree, maybe even total burnout.

Re: Re: Re: Re: By way of explanation

Hi Ann,
Just washed my hair and was going out to look and my flowers in the garden or yard as others might say, but had to look at the screen for any messages.
Do you remember Burlington Bertie I rise at 10.30 or sweetie swinging accross on a rope doing Tarazn, he was delivering meat to the cross Baron, sweetie's sister Maureen was principal girl,she was a beautiful singer and lovely looking, she is now dead and lived in Boston 43 years. Remember Mrs. McCav doing the cat was'nt she brilliant. The pantomime was so good we tarvelled to other places to perform,those were the days as the song goes no worries just a big laught thank God I can still laugh.
Katie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: By way of explanation

Ann,

Correction Maureen was Pricipal Boy you would think I wourld remember that. Not really with it yet.

Katie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: By way of explanation

Yes, Maureen was principal boy and Ann Sherry leading lady. I still remember some of the songs like "California, here I come" and other old Deep South type songs. Sweetie kept the bus entertained with all kinds of songs. It was a wonderful time right enough. Do you remember Pat McCaugherty who played the drums in the orchestra. It was a brilliant pantomime and, as you say, we toured everywhere. Innocent times when, after the show, we were treated to a special tea - various sandwiches, cakes and buns, and we thought that was great. We weren't home until all hours and had school the next day. I never washed off the stage make-upat night but I remember Ann Sherry saying that she ALWAYS removed hers before going to bed. A lot of work went into that pantomime and as far as I know there never was one before or one since. We had to audition for it, do you remember. My now hubby failed the audition as did his friend so he missed out on all that fun.