Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Catching up

Hi all,

It has taken me till yesterday to catch up on all the chat everyone has been offering. I do wish I had met Ann at the market, someone who is on personal terms with Royalty WOW.....then I could say I shook hands with someone who shook hands with Prince Charles! Ann are you sure you are not a writer for "Last Of The Summer Wine ?."
Another little bit of trivia if you like, everything that was said about the I.O.G.T.Hall is correct, but did you know that those who belonged to it were called "White Ribboners"!.
I have had a ball reading everything since May 4th. will not comment on anything else as I could probably end up with a Novel. When I joined the Forum there was only 24 contributions, now see how many there are(4172)and counting.

Beano

Re: Catching up

Welcome back Beano. Had wondered where you'd gone. Did you ever notice how many peoplle "view". Where are they all. Come out, come out, wherever your are.

Re: Re: Catching up

Beano, I heard you meet Mrs Mc Donald and had a long chat you had a good guide
Ann, I heard about you in Tescos telling Ann Smyth about her name being on the forum, maybe we will meet some time !
Margaret

welcome home Beano.
Hopefully you can restore some sanity to this lot.

Re: Re: Catching up

Margaret, nice to meet you. Can you remind which Ann Smyth I spoke to in Tescos because I know two. Also, is Smyth her married name? Was it wee Ann Heasley who I caught having a smoke break outside with about 6 others. I gave her a wave, not a royal one, just me own.

Re: Re: Re: Catching up

Ann, Yes it was Ann (Heasley) Smyth. Someone told she was mentioned on the forum, I thought it was you.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Catching up

Yes, Margaret, it WAS me. I see wee Ann in Tescos all the time. She works at the seafood counter. I still call all my friends by their former surnames so I wasn't sure which Ann Smyth it was. In fact, I didn't even know that Ann's married name was Smyth. She's still wee Ann Heasley to me. As I said before, we went to the Tech together.

Ann
please enlighten me, you are Ann ( Eithne ) Lavery, Joe,s brother and Pat who chats here is your sister?
right or wrong? I remember you but Pat eludes my ancient mind. Malachy and Leonard I remember also
Donald

Donald, I hve to confess I am Eithne (but I was christened Ann). Don't go into it. Yes, Leonard, Malachy, Joe and Damien were my brothers.

Donald, Pat is VERY old that's why you don't remember her. But, she's doing well for her age. She could tell us a thing or two.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Catching up

Ann, I was the year behind you and Ann Heasley at the Tech, I remember Donald who is younger than me. At that time my husband worked in the workshops. margaret

Margaret, I wonder what your surname is. It wouldn't be Scott, would it, because I remember Tom Scott working in the workshops I think. He had a sister also called Margaret.