Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Children's sayings

May brings First Holy Communion time for the children & I am reminded of the funny things the kids, in their innocence, say. When my grandson was learning the Lord's Prayer we were amused when he recited " Our Father who's NOT in Heaven......at the end he finished with "Give us this day our TATIE BREAD". Then at his party after Communion, blowing out the candles on the cake, said " Happy God day" His Dad had a few too many that day & was falling asleep at the table, my daughter was getting ratty but he made her smile " Don't mind him Mum, Dad is on a one-way ticket to Snoozeville." He is a treasure. PAT

Re: Children's sayings

Yes, Pat, I was there that day too in my cream suit. You know the one I wore to the Flower Festival. I'm going to tell a true tale soon of our time in Canada, if anyone's interested, and if you've no objections. It's a laugh from beginning to end, even BEFORE we stepped on the plane at Dublin. I wouldn't let your husband see it all. Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Re: Re: Children's sayings

Ann, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to hear about your trip to Canada. I check in every day just to see what you are up to.
Thelma

Yes Thelma, your right. Ann when you were over, did you go to the Niagra Falls? I did the other year with my husband and two Canadian friends. If you did, did you go on the wee boat "The Maid of the Mist"? And if so did you hear the echoes of my mad laughter in the air and in the mist and hiss of the waters? My husband and I got separated on the boat, I am small and pushy so I was at the front, and he is tall and well mannered, so he got pushed to the back. Well the spirit of the place overtook me with joy and I started to laugh and woop with delight. Later on when I was myself again, my husband said "I couldn't see you, but I recognised the voice! What is the point, I ask you, of being quiet and dignified when faced with a wonder of the world? You'll know the answer Ann, and I am sure Thelma will as well. As for the men, well I don't know about them........

Liz

Yes, Liz and Thelma, Pat and I did visit Niagara Falls on that trip. It's the most spectacular sight I've ever seen. Will go into more details about THAT trip later. I also am small and pushy while my husband is tall and reserved. Funny that, eh.?

Oh to have the honesty of a child. The same grandson one day when he was only 3, I had promised to bring him a present. I forgot about it & he took offense ignoring me.
Mum said "Now don't sulk U know ur grandad forgot, he loves u " He lookd at her scornfully & replied "ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS"& walked off. JOE

My daughter is Manager of a Social Services Creche where some of the children come from "deprived areas" In the recent election drive a high ranking official visited. Stopping by the high chair of a very pretty 2-year old sucking a dummy he gave her the usual speel "What is your name, Lovely little girl etc etc"' She sucked away but never spoke. He eventually said "R U not going to speak to me, I am going now" She looked at him & with one movement she removed th dummy & said "F... Off" put the dummy back & continued sucking. Needless to say he did!!!