Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What About Apple Potato Bread

I remember my granny making them on a sunday afternoon hot off the griddle absolute magic with butter.
Ah those were the days.
John..

Re: What About Apple Potato Bread

Hi John, we could'nt wait for the apples to cool & were dancing round Ohhing & Ahhing when eating the potato apple bread, we did'nt mind the scorched tongue. Happy days. Currant soda & butter with mature cheese that made your jaws crack. Barm bracks, spice cakes my mouth is watering...Joe

Re: What About Apple Potato Bread

John, aare you related to the McClinton's, the plasters, from Lisburn, who were rleated to Denis McGurnaghan, the plasterer from Lisburn. My husband asked me this. I only know Denis's wife, Lila, who went to primary school and the Tech with me.

Re: Re: What About Apple Potato Bread

Yes Ann,
Dennis is my cousin and my parents still, live in Lisburn.

Regards,
John

Re: Re: What About Apple Potato Bread

Hi Joe,
That currant soda and butter em make smy mouth water mate.
The old Barnbracks & spice cakes say no more.
i'm desperate now.
Regards
John.

Re: Re: Re: What About Apple Potato Bread

Were you also related to the late Vera McClinton who married - Drake? I went to school with Vera too.

Re: Re: Re: Re: What About Apple Potato Bread

Hi Ann,
Yes Vera was my aunt being my dad's sister she was married to Jimmy Drake.
Her others sisters are Roseleen also passed away,
Maureen Kearney's paints, & Peggy lives in USA.
Regards
John.