Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
More questions.

I have just come back from the local shop, offered words of comfort to a woman in her garden on my way home, ate my lunch, and, having sent my wife to talk to the neighbour, looked in here.
Ted, or anyone, did you know a couple of brothers called Watkins? Ronnie, tall, slightly stooped, and, if I remember correctly, somewhat naughty, and the younger, Desmond? Not sure about the name. He was friendly with my brother in schooldays. I just suddenly remember these people. Dementia, you think?
Welcome to the new girls. I'm becoming more daring nowadays. When I first started writing on the 'net', I didn't dare 'speak' to a female in case somebody thought I was 'after them'. My son used to wind me up about it, which made me worse. He suggested I give a false name, and pretend I was young and handsome - like lots of people do, he says.
Ann and Liz, gsoh!

Re: More questions.

Dabbler, Like you, I just had to have a peek at the web. My husband remember Dessie Watkins. OK?

Re: Re: More questions.

Ronnie Watkins was in a class below me in school. I remember his exploits, he was indeed naughty - plus. I don,t know where he went, like ourselves he made his escape when he was able, but for different reasons. His sister Bernadette was in Pat,s class at the convent school, I think she went to London. Lily Mc Conville & Chrissie Cunningham went at the same time. Lily died some years later in London. Joe

Re: More questions.

Thanks for the answers, boys and girls. As usual, I feel sadness hearing about a death, long gone from the minds of others, but new to me; in this instance, Lily McConville. Ta, Joe.