Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hello

I was replying to the Lobby correspondent who says we all need to get out more. I.m asking when and where? And, yes, I'm your man or woman!!

Re: Hello

I am beginning to get verrrrry, verrrrry worried about you young madam.
A short note to big brother may be required.

I would suggest it is way past your bedtime.

But LR, you said she does not need looking after, that she has always looked after you! And I think you're right. Anyone who can put themselves on and off the Exiles list, and add that Peace poem, is perfectly capable of taking care of themselves.

Re: Re: Hello

LR You've forgotten our NI humour. By the way, I AM a woman, no doubt about that. The bi-sexual reference was a JOKE. If you're worried about that, you should be in my company for a few hours - I'd really scare you!! Remember I was a wee, quiet, shy girl?

Ann & Dabbler,
You now have me totally confused (and I know that is not too difficult to do).
Who suggested you were not a woman?

Dabbler thinks you, Ann, do not need looking after.
I think you are an innocent abroad.
Me, I am just an old befuddled Low Roader who is more than happy to have found this forum some time ago.

This converstion has now reached the point where, if any one understands it, can they please post an explanation on Wikipedia.

Re: Re: Hello

LR You know how we NI people say, "I'm your man" whether they are male or female. Well, I thought I would be PC and said, "I'm your man/woman" which may have given the wrong impression. Do you understand now? I agree, I'm an innocent abroad on this world wide web (cloistered in this wee country) but YOU must keep me on the straight (not too straight) and narrow. Dabbler, you are wrong, I do need looking after. I'm what oen would have called years ago "an oul daftee".