Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WATER RATES

As yet we have no water rates but see water meters r being installed, probably for future use. As a matter of interest maybe, all property here is freehold, no rates apply. We have 5Euros a week to pay for recyclying & waste weekly collection. I am at a disadvantage as I have to wheel/drive my wheely bin about a quarter of a mile up a boreen to the collection point on the side road, off a main road. That is one drawback living in a quiet backwater surrounded by 300 acres of farmland (not mine I must add) with the River Shannon flowing thr' it. The developers r moving nearer even here when first we came 17 years ago, not a house in sight only the farmhouse up the road, now new houses r creeping nearer,can,t escape the madding crowd. Will enjoy it while it lasts tho' BBYYEE for now.

Re: WATER RATES

I/we voluntarily had a water meter installed here in England three years ago. Saved us a fortune compared with water rates. A large family might feel differently. Happy showering!