Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re Mysterious Invasion of Flies

Have discovered that the invasion of flies has been caused by a new landfill site at Stoneyford. That'll put the speculators off!

Re: Re Mysterious Invasion of Flies

With present prices, and despite Big Ian and his mates runnin' things, speculators should be wary of speculating, even without flies.

Re: Re: Re Mysterious Invasion of Flies

very very true.

Dabbler, Ann

I am thinking that Ulster has more going for it than England. Do you really think there might be more troubles there than here! It would take for ever weighing that one up! We know what has been there, but we don't know what is coming here! I just thank God for everything good.

Liz

Betty
Property in Lisburn, and its environs, has increased exponentially in value over the last year or two, and, as in England, there is exposure to any economic downfall that may occur via each hike in interest rates or any unforeseeable event. Ian and Martin, (use of the first names is intended to be humorous), will do their best to avoid such a downfall.
I was amused to learn that residents object to paying for fresh tap water!
I have a strong belief that Ulster, Munster, Leinster, and Connaught have a great future, and sincerely hope that the tenuous relationship between the politicians will develop into a trusting, understanding respect among fellow countrymen, whether or not the island remains politically divided.
Joe

Hi Dabbler. You mention we object to paying for "fresh water". Can I tell you that for about the past 4 years at least I have been buying only bottled mineral water. I wouldn't like to tell you or other readers what was coming out of the household taps at that time. I now err on the side of caution.

Hi Liz. Yes, I know what you mean. The devil you know and all that. I wouldn't live anywhere else now, but that's because I'm too ancient to move. Please God, with peace, we'll move forward and forget the dark old days. There's trouble everywhere, ain't that jest the truth!

Ann
My natural inclination is to jest about the outflow from your taps, but I would rather learn why the problem has not been resolved. Also, do you pay water rates?

The problem, as far as I know, has been resolved. BUT I wouldn't chance it again. As we already pay for water in our rates, our complain here is having to pay for it AGAIN!! Let's face it, non payment worked for the Scots.

I am afraid Joe the only thing we are complaining about (Water) is paying for it twice,
Regards Ted