Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
legends from the past

Anybody remember Hooker O'Hagan?
and i don't mean in the way some may think:-)

Re: legends from the past

Dd u mean Duck O'Hagan?? Terrible man for the horses??

Are you related to Kevin McClinton???

Re: Re: legends from the past

Yes sweet tooth, i'm his older bro.
Living in Australia.
Could have been called duck, he was a teacher at St. Pats was coach of the football ball team.

The Duck O,Hagan I knew was not a teacher he worked in the building trade and liked a bet.
John are you by any chance related to Gerry McClinton, married to Vivien Kerr who lives in Davie Florida ?
Donald

Hi All
Duck Hagan lived in Warren Gardens. (not O'Hagan)
Thanks for all the remarks re my birthday

Jim

To quote, or perhaps misquote, the inimitable Alice: Things are getting curiouser and curiouser.
Donald, in past times on here, DID refer to THE Duck Hagan, of lisburn non-fame, but now appears not even to know his name, let alone that he was something of a layabout, as opposed to a teacher.

Can I soften that last one a bit, Donald? You know he certainly didn't teach. As I wrote ages ago, Duck used pop over to England for short periods of time, and the Lisburn wits of his, and my, acquaintance, hanging around bookies and tosses, said he only went over to check the time on Big Ben. A tall, round shouldered lad, he took the abuse with good humour.

Dabbler I didn't know Duck Hagan that well , only remember his nickname , that he lived somewhere up the Longstone , wore drainpipe trousers and liked a bet..
Today being the first Monday of the month I'm meeting with colleagues in the Biergarten in the Munich market and on Friday am off to Dresden, our annual bicycle ( drinking ) club outing for 3 days. Looking forward to seeing the changes and renovations ( my last visit was 1994 ) and if it lives up to it's reputation as the Florence of the north.
Donald

Another character from the Longstone who also liked a bet comes to mind but can't remember his surname, he was named Paddy, a diminutive , good natured chap with a distinctive gait, some punters called him " the scud"! and were convinced that a meeting with him resulted in being unable to back any winners that day. Anyone remember his surname?
Donald

Donald, I envy your lifestyle in Germany.
That wee 'scud' could have been me.

Donald, re "Scud" His name was Paddy " Moko" think his surname was Murray, his sister lived in the Low Road & was killed by a car crossing the road near Boyle's corner. Joe

Yes Donald,
I'm Gerry's older brother, i live in Australia.
Regards
John.

Re: Re: Re: legends from the past

When I knew Kevin he was being considered to play soccer at one of the English clubs. I think I remember you, even then you were talking about emmigration. It was the early 70's

Re: Re: Re: legends from the past

Just seen anor. posting, you have a brother Gerry who married Vivien Kerr. I went to school with her sister Linda. I clearly remember Gerry and Vivien discussing leaving Lisburn and going to the US, obviously they really meant it!! Vivien had a brother who owned a butcher's shop in the Low Road, do you know anything about them???

Hi Sweet tooth
Gabriel Kerr the butcher and I married 2 sisters from Magheralin.
He got the younger. They live in Florida now , Kathleen his wife isn,t keeping too well but Gabriel is fit as ever. I visited them in September last year. Saw Gerry and Vivien when I was there, they don,t live far apart about 1 mile
Donald