Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Is NI the new Med?

The weather here has been absolutely beautiful, most of April and now May. Don't know that it will last but imagine having a suntan in May in Lisburn. Everyone's in their gardens, including me. No need to go abroad. That's all from me.

Re: Is NI the new Med?

Ann
Lucky you. My heavy old Mac would be difficult to get out there. But we did walk down to the Tavern for lunch and a beer outside.

Hi Ann,

Try and save some of the good weather for my wife Doreen and I. We leave Canada on Sat(May 5th.)for "Norn Irn.,"as we have no family left in Lisburn we are staying with friends in Carrickfergus. We will be in Lisburn a lot, I hope, and are planning to go to the Market on the 8th.
A lot of the names you have mentioned I remember very well, especially Dennis Connor. Did you know Sheila Brady when you attended the Convent school, Sheila was from Gregg St.and came from a large family. I mention this as she lives only ten mins.away from us and we see her fairly often. Incidentally Doreen and I have been married 46 yrs.as well and very happily I may add.

Beano

Re: Re: Is NI the new Med?

Going to the Tavern sounds very civilized. Here's me sitting (again) with a glass of wine while my husband and son are away fishing. Well for some.

In the market on 8th, eh. Will you be the one wearing a cowboy hat? I'm almost sure I do remember Sheila Brady. If she's the one, she used to sing at the Pierrots (wrong spelling I'm sure) in Newcastle with her then boyfriend. She was a lovely girl with long fair hair. I went to school with her sister Margaret. Hope the weather keeps up for you.

Beano
Forty eight coming up this year, and my wife would dare me to suggest I was unhappy for a minute.

Beano
Charlotte Church sings a nice Carrickfergus.

Beano & Dabbler, 46 years this June and I still would run away with Johnny Depp(dream on).

Ann
He looked great in Dracula.

Hey, he can chew my neck any time. I think this is getting a bit too spicy.

Re: Re: Re: Is NI the new Med?

Hi again Ann,

No cowboy hat for me, that is further west,we live justnine miles from Niagara Falls.
You have got the right Sheila, her and her then boyfriend Gerry McCrudden were a very good team, she is a wonderful singer as is her Brother Paul who also lives here. Sheila and Gerry had two children but are now divorced. Sheila remarried a Hungarian chap whose name I couldn't pronounce let alone spell it.

Beano

I mentioned here some time ago here I,ve been married 42 years now and every night still like the first, We fought that night also.
Donald

Re: Re: Re: Re: Is NI the new Med?

Hi Beano,the last time I met Gerry McCrudden he had a radio show in Rochester New York,I ran into him in Brampton On.he was playing guitar in a club there.Hope you and Doreen have a super time back home.Ken.

Hi Ann
Just think what you can do with all the money you can save by not going to Spain to get a tan.
Please may it continue to June so we can feel at home in the sunshine,if you have any doubts save a couple of bucket fulls for us.

To all those who were bragging "sorry" complaining about bieng married for so long. Don't forget the old saying.
YOU CAN'T BE HAPPY ALL YOUR LIFE YOUV'E GOT TO GET MARRIED SOMETIME

Re: Re: Re: Is NI the new Med?

Wait till yer married 50 years. You'd run away with anybody!!!!