Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hilden Mill

I heard The Mill is being turned into a village, renovated with gardens, shops etc., also one can purchase a flat, as we called them, and many are already sold, any truth in this?

Re: Hilden Mill

I heard this also, but if an ex housing trust house in Hughenot Drive Low Rd has an asking price of 275,000K ( approx € 400,000 ) !!!!! what would an newly built flat in the mill cost?
Donald

Re: Re: Hilden Mill

This house would have a Lagan Veiw also the overfalls and Mc Connels hill (Priceless)

Re: Re: Re: Hilden Mill

Ted the house is on East Down View and was Jim and Isobel Hanna's. It has a large garden Margaret

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hilden Mill

Margret I answered with tounge in cheek, I use to visit Arthur Rooneys house which had the veiws decribed,I fear for the young ones starting out as it most put a large burden on them the prices asked,I must take a drive round East Down Veiw and get my berrins again and see it in a different light
Regards Ted

Re: Hilden Mill

About Hilden Mill apartments & Village, I believe New Holland plant is still nearby & smelly in the Summertime. Anyone buying would need to take this into consideration before spending a lot of money. The Lagan would need a springclean too. No more dead dogs r kittens floating in bags......