Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Brian

He died; a tragic accident; out there in a far-off land
I never knew this man; I’ve only read his eulogy in here
I never met this man, nor shook his warm, strong hand
But I know him now; I know the reasons why he was held dear
This man who was big, good-looking, strong and clever,
Success and Brian, they went hand and glove
But his life, though clearly filled with high endeavour,
Much more importantly, was truly filled with love
He loved the sports he watched, and those he played
He loved even more his family and his friends
A man who shares such love is never dead
In collective memory he lives till all life ends.

Re: Brian

Hi Dabbler.
What a beautiful tribute you wrote on Brian.
In todays world, one never knows what lies ahead of us. Here was a young man in the prime of his life. Doing what he enjoyed and living life to its fullest.With a great family, and friends everywhere he went. Sadly taken away far to soon from all he knew.
I personally did not know Brian. But saying that I did know his Parents and his Grandparents who were of STERLING quality. What else could Brian have been coming from a family so respected in LISBURN or wherever they went.
Lord Downshire.

Thank you M'Lord. I do not necessarily agree that a well respected family always produces sons of which to be proud. I can think of some notorious villains of renowned heritage.
But, reading the tributes of his friends, I was moved to comment on this obviously loved and likeable man. Sad that his children were too young to add to his praises.

Dabbler. Thank you for the tribute you paid to my son Brian he was one truly loving son brother husband and father but unlike you, saying goodbye to your brother, I did not get a chance to say goodby to my son.

Jim
Your site has kept alive my interest in my birthplace. The tributes paid by your son's friends reminded me of my own loss, and reminded me too of the similarity of we Nornirelanders, rich or poor, educated or ignorant, on either side of the bitter religious divide.
I loved the 'Fred Scuttle' salute!
Joe

Welcome back

Welcome back to the forum again.
How was Florida this winter?
Hope you had a great time.

Sylvia from St. James's

Re: Welcome back

Hi Sylvia. Great time in Florida,. Of course the weather is always good on Marco Island. Should have stayed a couple of weeks longer as the Snow was still piled up here when we got back on second week of March.
But today it has started to warm up,and i see Tulips and Crocus peeping up,Even the BLUEBELLS that
THE STAR OF THE CO.DOWN so much loves, are showing their heads. Surely a sign of SPRING.
Hope Elizabeth's bluebells have survived and multiplied in her garden.
Keep the Forum going. Did you know that Harry Bell died of Cancer. Son of the late George Bell.
And would you believe a Bus Shelter in the Borough.!!

Lord Downshire.

Lord Downshire

Glad you had a good time. There's not a sign of a bluebell in this area yet, but I expect they are coming soon, as it is like spring here in East Anglia today. Have a few daffs and polyanthus, that's all.

I don't know if I'll set foot in Hillsborough next week, but I will be over there for a few days with my husband. We will be in Larne and Holywood (Church Conference) and we hope to spend two days in Lisburn before coming home, we may not be able to visit folk much, but I hope to sit on a bench in Bow Street, examining every one who passes by, for a short time at least! If I see any bluebells I'll tell you.

Liz