Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CABP

Is everyone familiar with CABP. Canadian Alliance of British Pensioners? Yesterday I attended a meeting here in Brampton, Ontario which was very interesting. This organization is working for the rights of pensioners to unlock the freeze that was put on pensions when emigrants left the UK. As we all know, indexing of pensions has been denied to ex. UK residents living in Canada and several countries.
Along with Australia and South Africa, the fight has gone through many levels of the British courts and has now been taken to the European Court of Human Rights. Favorable results are expected.
For those of you worked in the UK, you need to know your pension entitlement and CABP can provide you with the how-to info. They also need your support as there is strength in numbers.

Canadian Alliance of British Pensioners
Email; info@britishpensions.com or www.britishpensions.com
Toll free; 1-888-591-3964
Direct; 416-253-6402

Terry

Re: CABP

Problem in Australia is brit. pension is deducted from Aus.old age pension, so one loses out. Should be good for us if old age pen. in Canada is not affected.

Re: Re: CABP

hi fraser
not quite the whole story in your reply i'm a member of AIR australian independant retirees because the aus old age pension is assets tested if you are over a limit because of savings you don't get a pension at all even after 2/3 lifetime paying top tax dollar a very sore point with a lot of retirees here
anyhow we paid a levy and are lobbying all in

sight to unfreeze the indexing of the uk pension i personally am not holding my breath

but if you do get an aussie pension or part pension
then the aussie pension is paid with adjustments for uk pension received as you mentioned good luck tom

Re: Re: Re: CABP

good luck with the lobby,your savings should not affect pensions, thanks for the info. will stay in Canada. lol FRASER