Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Joe

Hi all. just a sad note to say Joe Mc Curry passed away on Sat. in Orangeville, Joe hailed from Church St. ,Lisburn.

Re: Joe

Fraser
Sad to hear of the passing of another old familiar name from long ago.
Joe

Hi Frazer .

Sorry to hear of Joe Mc Curry's death , i vaguely remember him in Church Street , I remember a Brendan Mc Curry , who i think was his brother . Brendan was very friendly with Sean Burns, another Church Street resident .

Tommy

R U Frazer Wilson from Huguenot Drive, married to Sonja Gorman? If so I would b interested to hear of Rosaleen & Joe O Neill, I went to school with Rosaleen. I lived in 22 Huguenot Drive, formerly Patsy Lavery, now Patsy Burns, living in Co. Clare. Just clicked onto this page last night & know most of the names from Lisburn. We have a daughter living in Shelburne Canada & we have been there several times. Hope to hear from u soon. PATSY

Hallo Patsy
Are you related to Joe Lavery, ages about 62 / 63 who sat beside me in Hilden school? I remember Malchy, Leonard and a girl called Ethna, they were related to a family who lived in the little house , facing East Down View where the pub now is.
Donald

Re: Re: Joe

Donald, thanks for replying. Yes we r the same family. Joe died in London when he was 52 of cancer. Malachy died when he was only 3O of inoperable cancer too. Eithne is still in Lisburn married with 4 of a family & Leonard is living in the family home after travelling the world. He is married to a Frenchwoman & has 1 daughter aged 21years. Glad to hear from you my Aunt Annie was your Aunt Kathleen,s friend, do u remember them in the house in Hilden? Annie died aged 93 last June. Keep in touch....Patsy.

Re: Re: Re: Joe

Hallo Patsy
I remember your Aunt, even remember us all going to the Regal or Majestic one Saturday afternoon about 55 years ago to see Doris Day in " Annie get your gun". Were you there as well? I think Will Thompson and his Aunt Betty accompanied us, we were about 15 persons. Those were the days. Sorry to hear about Joe, I knew about Malachy, he died when I was living in Lisburn, he was a very athletic person, a leader in the EMB boys club with the Stevesons, he travelled to Belfast every morning in the train and was always late for it. At the Monument he would start to run to catch it, always did. regards
Donald

Hi Donald, Yes, that was me. Eithne. Yes, my grann's house was the one facing East Down View. I remember it with great affection. Sometimes wish I was back in those days. Not much money but very happy.

Looks like I'm keping some of you up tonight. Fraser, somebody asked you if you were married to Sonja Gorman - who, elsewhere, is looking for Sally Lunn. I don't knw what your reply was, but if yes, or if you knew her well, did you also know Joan Leanster? I remember them when we were children in the 'Wee Park'.

Hi Fraser, Sorry to hear of Joe Mc Currys death. Sympathy to the family. Remember them going to Canada. He was another of the old scholmates a little older than me. We r all in the queue. Joe.

Fraser, U mentioned going to Lisburn in May. Have a great holiday, the weather is sunny & warm at present, hope it is the same for u. U will b as welcome as the flowers in May. Let us know how u get on in the old towm we loved so well.. Pat.