Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Re: Re: Re: Old Shops are they still there?

I notice you mention Mildred Clarke - was she Mildred Kindred? If so, Mildred used to teach me dancing as a kid and her sister and brother-in-law, Dick Waring, lived in Saskatoon. Unfortunately Molly and her sister Rene both died and Dick is now in a Nursing Home in Saskatoon. Dick is the reason why we ended up in Saskatoon. He had worked with my father in the Electricity Board and when my Dad decided to immigrate to Canada, Dick got him a job in the Power Corporation here.

Daphne

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Old Shops are they still there?

Hi Daph
Sorry i never new Mildred's maiden name, but can say Dan passed away some years ago now while training i think.
John

Re: Re: Re: Re: Old Shops are they still there?

John,

You must also remember the "Brady" family who lived two doors up from Ned Kearney's, included were Paul and Sheila, they both now live here in Niagara. I see Sheila fairly often as she works in a ladies wear shop where my wife shops. Paul is now a "Born again Christian" and is making a name for himself in Gospel Music.

Beano

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Old Shops are they still there?

Yes Beano i remember them my how things change mate.
We are all scattered everywhere aren't we.
I can also remember the fighting Bradley's from Ravarnet.
Somes times i would see the dad walking on the white line right down the center of the Dublin Rd on his way home on a Sat night, ahd wouldn't move out of the way either. :-)
A harmless old chap.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Old Shops are they still there?

John,

Was your father Jimmy McClinton, he was an old drinking mate of my Father. If that's the case Noel Kearney would be your brother-in-law. I remember when Noel opened the Wallpaper and Paint shop in Bridge st.

Sorry for being personal.

Beano

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Old Shops are they still there?

Hi Beano, while reading your thread I thought,Noel Kearney,there's a name I havn't heard for a while,Noel and I worked for the same company and had a lot of laughs before Noel went on his own,I served my apprenticeship with him and Henry Smyth from Mercer St. to name a few.Ken.

1 2