Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Back to Lisburn

I am finally getting around to letting you know how the trip went after 38 years in Australia. The scenery was awesome and the people as I remembered them, friendly and so kind. Dined out a bit and the meals were HUGE. I love my food but I had a hard time finishing mine. Even when I ordered half serve it was huge. No complaints though. Our daughter (born in Australia) loved it so much,particularly the castles and the buildings in general. Took over 1000 photos on her digital camera. She and her fiancee are planning to go in 2007. If I can save money I will return again. Never felt homesick till I went back
"home."