Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

What has happened to the Forum.? Has everyone run out of things to say.?
Well, just to bring you up to date on things around here.
We had Mary @ Sydney Kerr, from Scotland @ Jim Hall from Ireland, visiting @ attending the Canadian International Ploughing Match @ Rural Farm Show.+ many other sightseeing @ Visitations around the Country.
The Fall Colours are at their Peak ,and a NIP of cold air each morning ,REMINDS Us of what is to come in the months ahead.
We are holding our Thanksgiving Dinner tomorrow at our #2 Daughter's Home in Ennismore.[near Peterborough Ontario]. The Girls @ kids go to the Pumpkin Farm @ Corn Maze @ hay ride,While the"[BOYS]" play a round of GOLF, [or looking for the balls in the Woods or Pond's].
The next BIG EVENT,will be our Nephew's wedding.!
Ken Kirkpatrick is being Married in Washington D.C. This will be held at THE CONGRESSIONAL GOLF @ COUNTRY CLUB BETHESDA MARYLAND. "Chances of getting a round of golf with G.B.will be slim." We [all 10 or 12 of our immediate Family]have already booked our flights and Hotels for 4 days sightseeing and Whoopla in and around Washington. 10 -13 of November.2006.

I will better NOT FORGET three birthdays coming up this month. 27Th,28Th,29Th,November.
[ 2 Sisters,and the wee Wife all this month ].
Possibly, somewhere in the above,SOMEONE will find something to write about. HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL.

LORD DOWNSHIRE

Re: Happy Thanksgiving to all.

BIG MISTAKE ON MY PART.!!!!!!!
THE 3 BIRTHDAY DATES 27,28. 29 ,ARE in" OCTOBER" NOT in NOVEMBER.

Boy, am i ever lucky in catching that in time.!!!!!!

Lord Downshire

You made me chuckle Lord Downshire, thank you. Ah, well, I guess you are better off now than if you had stayed in ol Hillsbough!
We visited just before the Oyster Festival a while back. Anyone would have thought it was to be a Guinness festival because of the buntings advertising it! (Do you reckon that Donald might have been there, he was missing for a while)

Liz

Donald was in Florida , eating chicken wings by the bucket and drinking gallons of Yuengling beer out of ice cold glasses, not quite as tasty as the good old Munich stuff, but drinkable. Maine lobster was also good as was the Oysters, nothing like that in Germany.

Thanks Elizabeth.I am glad someone got a Chuckle out of some of my Rambling Reports. I always enjoy the ENGLISH sense of Humour ,which you no doubt must have.

Donald from Munich,You certainly enjoy your Bitters @ still stay sober enough to write a good line of poetry. I myself prefare a nice Wine, or a shot of the Crater in moderation of course. Never could understand why one would drink himself " STUPID."
Like a certain person who travelled on the last Bus Or Train from LISBURN To HILLSBOROUGH most nights in my early days of growing up.

Welcome Back,[ BLACK MAN ] to Porrage and Jam and Butter sandwitches, That 6 Month JAUNT around Aussie must have been a trip to remember.!!!
NOW HOW ABOUT a LONG Letter telling us of your many experiences on the road and on the water . How you fought off the MAN EATING CROCODILES,and caught the LARGEST FISH in Queensland. You will probably take over STEVE IRWINS job as Crocodile Hunter .!!!!

Lord Downshire.

Re: Re: Happy Thanksgiving to all.

I am sure Donald would be happy to tell us about his adventures on the High Seas of Florida and his romp about the beaches in the Bahamas. Or may be he will tell you about the the barman who believed his story of the 4 legged chickens engineered in Germany. Very useful when cooking chicken wings but hard to catch.