Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lisburn Area

Hi to all, just returned fron Lisburn and as I recall I was hammered when I passed some comments re. Lisburn, well I read now maybe I was right as many of you commented on parks etc. I met with Shaun Cheyne a historian in Lisburn who conducts tours ( walks etc) around Lisburn and we went around Castle Gardens, Seymour St., Bridge St. He was explaining the mess in The Castle Gardens, and it was very interesting, his comment was the council is very slow in decision making also cheap.Anyone wanting Shauns email please contact me. Alas the old town is gone forever as we knew it, Trevor Hall the curator of Lisburn Museum met with us and we had a real look into the old town, he is seeking old photos of Lisburn and any history anyone might have.Also I have his email address should anyone want it.

Re: Lisburn Area

i,ve been moving around but frasers posting of 26 may is the last posting on my brand new all weather laptop

is my computer at fault or no postings?? which i find hard to believe. anyhow if anyone receives this please reply with a hello
good luck to all tom

Re: Re: Lisburn Area

Hi Tom, seems that is all on board for now, Fraser