Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hilden Primary

Hello again,

I was just looking at the Ulster Star online and saw the below article on the proposed closure, after 130 odd years, of Hilden Primary. I remember reading that some of you had gone to school there and thought that you'd be interested in this.

Richard

http://www.ulsterstar.com/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=2723&ArticleID=1468540

Re: Hilden Primary

Richard,
As one of those who was educated at Hilden I am apalled to think that it is closing.
Hilden was an "Integrated " school years before anyone ever thought of the name.
I realise that Hilden as I knew it doesn't exist any more but surely there is enough building going on in the area to justify a school. I would have thought that someone might think ahead a little but unfortunately the faceless bureaucrats who run the education system cannot see beyond their noses.
So much for the great cry for "integrated schooling"
Thank you very much for posting the info.
LR

It would be terrible to see Hilden school closing, only hope that the decision is reversed as Lisburn and indeed Norniron would be a poorer place without it.
Donald

Hall all you Hildeners
What,s new about the "aul place"
Donald