Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
busy as usual!!!

Just returned from Lisburn. The place is as busy as usual, don't mention the traffic!!!!!!!!!!

Took a slow! walk up Pipers Hill. I expected to see Pipers Hill on a sign up on the wall but no signs to indicate its name, what a shame....

The new development accross the road from Lindsay Cars looks OK not too out of place and much more tidy than it was.
Thats all folks!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: busy as usual!!!

Sadie,
I believe Piper Hill has been rebranded as Market Lane.
I know not wy.
Perhaps we should all write to the council and ask why.
LR

I agree LR

Perhaps the Council asked the local people if they could change the name. Who knows, will we ever know???

Sadie

I don’t know if this is a serious question, but the answer of course is that it was always Market Lane, but was known to the locals as Piper’s Hill from the ghost story of the piper.