Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Warren Pk. Dr.

Dear Sean & Tom:

I haven't been clicking into the forum for a while. Presently recovering from knee surgery and the therapy takes up a lot of my time.

Anyway, Tom you are right. I was very faired hair and indeed was a tomboy. I got the nickname "Boxer" Martin, because my brother (5 years younger than me)used to let the buys beat on him and I would just get in there and protect him (or so I thought). Many a good time we had swinging around the lamp posts,putting a rope around the top of it and just swinging and enjoying ourselves. Rounders on the street was another of our favorite past times and in the field behind our house on Warren Park Drive (I don't know if that is still there or not, we used to pile sods and have a horse race (breacher's brook), pretending we were the horses. We dug a pit in the field and covered it up with different things and we would all go into it and light a fire and snitch the potatoes out of the house so that we could roast the potates in the fire. Of course, we were always caught on, as we would come home with our faces black and then all hell would break loose.

Anyway, in all, the memories of those days were good and we didn't need very many toys, just a vivid imagination.

Daphne