Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Where is everyone.

Hello out there, where did everybody go? Are you all at the Australian Grand Prix.
Sylvia

Re: Where is everyone.

Hi Sylvia, I was wondering the same thing. I'm a recent addition to the exiles forum and I was hoping for a bit of interaction.

I did watch the Ausssie GP on TV and saw poor Mark Webber come a cropper.

Sean

Re: Re: Where is everyone.

Hi Sean, I think most everybody came a cropper. How about team Ferrari. They just can't seem to get it going this year. Poor Mark maybe he'll do better next race.
Where did you go to school Sean? since you lived in Warren Park I asume you went somewhere in Lisburn.

Sylvia.

Re: Re: Re: Where is everyone.

Sylvia,

I went to Lisburn Boys, now demolished, Lisburn Tech, St Marys Grammar and Belfast Tech.

Sean

Re: Re: Re: Re: Where is everyone.

sean, as a boy i lived in mckeown street off antrim street and we had a small but dedicated "gang" some of whom are no doubt reading this at this time.
two members we were all close to were leo mcmaster and joe phillips. many an adventure we all had together but according to my brother they,re both unfortunately passed away.
they both went to boys school this would be late forties early fifties. is this in your time frame
do the names ring a bell??
good luck

tom

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Where is everyone.

Tom,
Sorry to read about Leo McMaster. Do you know if his sister Ann is still around? As you may well remember, Doreen and her were friends for many years.

Bob

Tom,

Sorry, I don't recall their names. The time frame might be out a bit. I left Lisburn Boys in 1947 so they may have been after my time.

Did Fred Alderdice live in McKeown St?. I know he lived off Antrim St.

Sean

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Where is everyone.

Sean

Almost sure that Fred Alderdice lived in Benson Street, as did Tom Hanna and (Kenneth?) Todd.

Bob

bob
yes i remember ann mcmaster and your doreen were friends
i don,t know what became of her i have the impression she also emigrated probably to canada
there was also another sister kathleen a lovely girl.
do you remember the father billy mcmaster?? was the '' knocker up man '' and used to go round the street about six every morning banging on the knockers and getting everyone out of bed

i,ll ask my brother desmond if he ever heard of their whereabouts

good to hear from you bob keep well tom

Tom. I am fairly certain I went to school with your brother Desmond, or Dessie as we knew him. He used to knock about with Bobby McMullan and Harold Boyd. My memory does not place you there but I well remember McKeown St. and Mrs Williamson's shop at the corner.Also of course the bookie steps which was a favourite spot for Davy Jones to sit and watch the girls go by.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Where is everyone.

Tom,
You have jerked my memory into three cylinder mode.Eddie McMaster was the fathers name and his wifes name was Bella. I recall playing with a "bow 'n arrow" and piercing her lower lip, a deed for which I expected to be severely punished but she wouldn't hear of it.

There were three sons and two daughters, Eddie(the eldest), then Kathleen, Billy, Leo and Ann.

Keeping well Tom as I hope you are.

Bob

mercury,s mate
good to hear from you.
dessie he,s still called that is doing well and lives in pond park. he went to brownlee as all of us did except for the ones who went to boys school. he was friends with bobby mcmullan since passed on i heard and harry boyd who i had a great yarn with in a shopping centre a couple years ago when i was over there.

i remember williamsons shop on the corner billy williamson used to purloin us whoever didn,t get away to do deliveries on his big bike with the big basket on the front all around north circular road and antrim road talk about 'open all hours''

do you remember the handball games played for hours at the buroo corner?

happy days
good luck tom

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Where is everyone.

bob
you,re right of course the father mcmaster was called eddie and the mother bella. i vaugaly remember the incident of your bow and arrow misshap but she would,nt seek punishment they were a feally nice people funny the memory though i don,t remember at all the eldest son you say was called eddy also the rest i remember clearly

good luck tom