Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Roger Whittaker celebrates his 70th birthday

Who remembers Roger Whittaker? On 22 March he will be 70, the German newaspaper wrote today he has to sell his villa near Dublin after suffering a heart attack last November and move to a smaller place. Didn,t he play an instrument in "Tea time with Tommy" ( James ) on UTV end of the fifties ?
Donald

Re: Roger Whittaker celebrates his 70th birthday

Donald, my friend,
You are an absolute mine of useless information.
I cannot comment on whether or not the gentleman played on Teatime with Tommy but I can say that I owned a Readers Digest multi CD of the aformentioned. He was a very pleasant singer and an accomplished whistler ( not as good as Ronnie Ronalde mind you). He was very popular in the late 50's early 60's but, like all youthful pursuits has passed into oblivion. I think I saw him in the Opera House in Belfast in my youth but may be wrong as I saw so many I may have got him mixed up with Dickie Valentine or Guy Mitchell amongst others.
Now there's a pointer for a new thread.
Name th artiste!!!!

Connie Francis singing Jealous Heart
Alma Cogan singing Hernando,s Hideway
any more?

Donald,
Picked this up from the Irish Independent.

http://www.unison.ie/irish_independent/stories.php3?ca=303&si=1582743&issue_id=13819

Wonder if he would rent the place, I,d go as high as 30 bob.
Donald