Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Favourite Holiday Spots.

No doubt about it Newcastle is my all time favourite spot no matter where I travel that's got to be it.On the Promade watching the Perros didnt matter if it was raining buckets there we stood watching all the act's. I recall one year my parents and my sister Doreen cases all packed waiting by our front door for the taxi to come to take us to the station and a telegram arrived just at the last minuets to say the boarding house that we had gone to for years couldnt take us due to someone in the family got sick well I am sure you can imagine how we all felt I am sure Doreen & I cried but we headed to Newcastle anyway and we did find another boarding house down the hill from the other one which was much better so we did have a happy ending after all.When I go home for a visit that is one place I always go to visit so many happy memories.Sally.

are you related to sadie cordner

your name is very familiar are you related to sadie cordner who is also familiar, i went to central school and lived in church street i have a sister sybil and a younger brother joseph. perhaps you can refresh my memory, we came to canada in 1948 i was quite young. hope to hear from you.

Re: are you related to sadie cordner

Hi Norell, I had a good friend at school called Joe Webb, I can remember him diving off Bangor pier to save someone who fell out of a row boat, but that was after 1948. I was wondering if he was your brother and if you recall the incident.
Terry

Re: Re: are you related to sadie cordner

Hi Tom, No that wasn't my brother, he would have been too young, we came to Canada when he was about 6. Sorry it has taken me forward to answer you. All the best Norrell.