Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Jack McMaster the milkman etc etc

Beano, I didn't know that Richard and Joan had split up. Sorry to hear that although it's ancient history by now. I wonder is Richard still with the younger woman.?

Ann, Was that Freddie Mathers from the Warren Park.?? Mauri

Ann,

Winifred McMaster married Jim Fraser from the Ballynahinch Road, and yes she went out with Freddie Mathers for a long time.

Mauri,

Freddie Mathers did live in Warren Gardens, he ran around with the Spence Brothers.

Donald,

That is the same Winifred you speak of on Lawnbrook Drive, she is a cousin of Ann, Ella and Jim (Star)McMaster. I got dumped in 1956.

Beano

Jim are you related to the Hawthorne's from Magheragall?

Re: Re: Jack McMaster the milkman etc etc

I remember Jack with fond memories, his horse was called Molly and knew the milk root better than Jack “the poor old boy was blind as a bat “ God bless him .

Re: Re: Jack McMaster the milkman etc etc

John Irwin
I remember Jack with fond memories, his horse was called Molly and knew the milk root better than Jack “the poor old boy was blind as a bat “ God bless him .
John
are you a Lowroad man?
Donald

@Beano @Ann - Richard had an affair after 15 years marriage when he worked in Fafnirs.

He ran off with his dirty wh*re Teresa after 18 years married to Joan when he thought his just-turned 18 year old son could look after Joan.

Joan still lives happily in Roseville with her partner Billy. Thankfully she doesn't read this nasty gossip here.

Brian was Richard's little b*stard son and the reason why Richard had to marry Joan.

Richard remains a deeply selfish unpleasant person, and you nosy c*nts can go to hell with Richard and T.

@Dabbler - Herbie was my uncle, related to Joan Watson through her mother Sarah. He died from the results of alcoholism in Musgrave, I would have been about 10. He was survived by Annie, and she also passed soon after. I always thought well of both of them. I remember "We are the Toppings of Lisburn"..

@Ann - Richard is still with his wh*re Teresa, who isn't that much younger but certainly as nasty as he is. When my first son was born she said he was "a real wee half caste". Seems like karma that their second daughter is as she is.

Brian,

I had to answer your post as I think you misunderstood Ann and my own posts about Joan Watson. Nosy they were not, I had been friends with Joan long before she met Lavery and I was very fond of her, she was full of fun and was always in a good mood. I met up with Joan at a re-union when I was back home about 25yrs.ago she really hadn't changed a bit. The story you relate regarding her separation from Richard Lavery is a completely different one than what I was told, thank you for putting me right. If you happen to see Joan give her my best regards and tell her that I often think of her fondly. I am glad she has a partner called " Billy".

Beano

Beano,
Fair enough. I was just startled when I came across a public thread where people were openly discussing my family and some very unpleasant memories from over forty years ago. But life's too short, I'll be seeing Joan next week and will pass on your regards, although her memory is gone and she often can't remember who anyone is, even Billy.
All the best,
Brian

Brian,

Thank you for your reply. I feel so sad about Joan's health, however I want to remember her when we ran around together back in the early 50s. My best wishes to Joan & Billy, may Christmas bring you all you wish for yourself Brian. Merry Christmas to you and all your family and a Happy, Healthy New Year.

Beano ( Billy Hanna)

Low Roader
I remember them all Donald. Will comment on a fuller basis later.
Lowroader
still waiting for your comment
donald

Ann, cant believe its 5 years since I posted about Jack, New Street started just where Frank keeps his scrap motorcycles on the corner when you head onto the duel carriageway from the low road. I remember playing with Paul Swindel who lived just at the end of the street and also Robin and Angela Hood. There was Parkinsons sweetshop, Cecil Rosses and Rooneys on Seymour street. The Old Infirmary and Nurses
home which is now flats on the opposite side. Whitcrofts and Vaughans as well. Parkinsons shop was then taken over by Wilson Sloan.

Hi Gordon, sorry for taking so long to reply , just found this thread again. Yes my father was one of the Maghergall Hawthornes. My Grandfather was Hugh Hawthorne who is buried in Maghergall graveyard.I take it your related to Walter Dowds.

1 2