Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Contact!

Beano, Donald, and all: I’m going missing! Some of you may be pleased to know that a young brother has traced me after more than fortyfive years, and I’m having a full-time job keeping in contact with him.
JOE

Re: Contact!

Hallo Dabbler,
Glad to hear from you, perhaps now you will be taking a journey to the " Aul Country " so get your Broughes shined up.
Donald

Dabbler,

I am delighted to hear about your "contact",as Donald says maybe a visit is in the offing.We are off to England Mar.15th for a wedding.While we are there Doreen and our daughter Karen are going to Paris with my sister and her daughter for four days, so I am taking the opportunity to nip over to "Norn Irn" for the same amount of time. During our stay in Bournemouth I am hoping to meet up with our mutual friend "Sally". Hope all goes with your long lost brother.

Beano

That's great news Dabbler. Keep us informed, this is so exciting. Don't leave us now! Joe. I always thought of you as "wee Jimmy", so I will have to adjust to it being Joe.

I don't watch soaps, but this must be better!

Liz

Great news! you must be very excited.
Good luck.
Sylvia.

While I'm on here, does anyone know a good florist shop in town, or the Longstone area. I would appreciate any info. Auntie has a birthday coming up.
Thanks, Sylvia.

Sylvia, For a good Florist . Try KAREN Flowers of Ballynahinch @ Banbridge. They are Cousins of my wiffie. The Lord.

Hi Dabbler,
So pleased to hear your good news.Don't go disappearing tho' as we want to hear all about it.
We will have all get together one day. Have a little reunion in Lisburn. What a party!!

Looking forward to seeing Beano when he gets over to england. Such a small world when you come to think of it.
I am in Dubai at the moment and tomorrow we are off to singapore.We are there for 5 days then up to Kuala lumper then bankok and pattaya then back here to Dubai. Should be home for the 1st march. So behave yourselves as I am keeping an eye on you ha ha
Well done dabbler and enjoy every moment.
My fondest wishes, Sally x

Re: Re: Contact!

Thanks Lord for the info. I will try them.
Sylvia.

I couldn’t just disappear completely, without any explanation, after being the one who got most o’ yis started here. I have learned an astonishing amount, and have had the tears streaming’ down m’ cheeks just walkin’ about for the last week or so. I won’t , coulldn’t, write about such deeply personal matters on an open forum, but suffice to say, despite the sadness, I am very pleased.

Liz,
I shall be back. Despite your soapy comment, methinks you might miss me most, you wee feisty femme fatale!
]

Dabbler, I would miss you most! How on earth did your wee brother trace you? It wasn't through this website, was it? What you mean by calling me that 'femme' thing? What is that in Irish?

femme fatalle! That sounds quite nice......been called some things but that sounds exciting ha ha.

Sylvia I hope i,m not to late in sending this email address. for Karen Flowers.
Karensuzie@aol.com.
Her name is Karen Carson @ she runs the Shop in Ballynahinch Her Mom runs the shop in Banbridge.
Still down in Marco Island till end of month.
The Lord.

Re: Re: Contact!

Thanks Lord, no, you are not too late. I appreciate the info. I'm staying in Pa. this winter since I sold my condo in Ft. Myers last spring. Have a great winter. Thanks again, Sylvia.