Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Eating crow

I thought this was interesting, and whoever cares to serve, I will have a double helping of crow pie.

"I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be inthe rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it
wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
Take that, Sammy Semple, Peggy McQuaid and Andy Norris.

Re: Eating crow

german isspok thawayitzspelt nosilentletterz, maybithatz wi I understueditas ive binspakin itfor solong
yirmandanal

Re: Re: Eating crow

???????????????????????///

Re: Eating crow

Translation
German is spoken the way it,s spelt , no silent letters, maybe that,s why I understood this as I,ve been speaking it for so long
Your man
Donald