Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Something learned.

From the "What's New" section of the Lisburn website.
I, as did many others, often wondered where and how the name originated.
HARRY'S ROAD
In the nineteenth century two brothers lived on this road who kept Harrier hounds for hunting hares. As a consequence they were, by trade, 'harriers'. The road was known as Harriers' Road until the brothers died and then the road became known after the only person living on it, Harry McConville.

Re: Something learned.

Good oneRobbie .
Another Harry who lived at the corner of Harrys rd. was Harry Nelson .[ Huberts son]. The Lord.

Correction to my last posting.
Hubert Nelson's son's name is Brian Nelson @ not Harry as I stated. It Must be the HEAT here in Marco Island Florida ,Or more likely Oldtimers. TEMP. is in the 80's. so will use that as my excuse.
Lord Downshire.

Re: Re: Something learned.

Yer Lordship,

My heart goes out to you, you sure are losing it! Harry, son of Hubert indeed! Yer Ma must not be keeping your hair straight.

And another thing, you are blaming it on your 80 degree temperatures and here we are stuck in Palm Springs with the needle stuck at 70 degrees.

The dates are frozen to the palm trees and the grapefruit and oranges are stuck solid to their respective citrus trees, and the REMONS, don't mention the remons.

Anyhow, good to hear you have arrived safely, lets hope your memory will return, at least I have heard of similar cases where this has happened.

Fortycoats

Lord Downshire and Fortycoats, thank you for cheering up my grey January day in old dull England! Actually you two come from the place I would chose to live if I wanted to return to NornIre. (I know some folks who say that I'm a dreamer!} But Hillsborough is just lovely. On our last visit home, we went there three times! Well that's just to make you homesick, while you enjoying yourselves so much!

Liz

Hi 40 Coats ,Thanks for the encouragement. I see you were having lots of rain .
Flad to know you were not BURIED in those MUD SLIDES . on your way down the CALIFORNIA COAST.
The LORD.

Re: Re: Something learned.

Yer Lordship,

Them mudslides and all that rain happened way north of here, California is a big state, took us 3 days to drive to the warm part.

Can you believe that Liz one, she would prefer to live in Hillsborough and miss all this.

Fortycoats